3/15 WT- " Forget the Good Times you had Prior to being JW - Can't .........

by flipper 66 Replies latest jw friends

• tornapart
    tornapart

00DAD Well.. I suppose if they keep telling them often enough...... strange though the way they keep repeating it.....like some kind of mantra....we are happy.. we are happy... we are happy...we are happy.........

Nope.. hasn't worked yet....try a bit harder....

• baltar447
    baltar447

Be Happy, Be Happy!

Be Joyful, Be Joyful!

Omg I realized this song in my head the other day something is seriously fucked up if you have to be TOLD to be happy dammit! LOL

• 00DAD
    00DAD

TA: Well I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but if you are not happy, ... the problem must be you!

• YOU must need to pray more!
    • YOU must need to read the Bible more!
    • YOU must have some secret sin
    • YOU must spend too much time on the internet visiting:
      • Apostate websites
      • Social media
      • The home shopping network
    • YOU must read more Bible Based Publications
    • YOU must go out in service more
    • YOU must confess your sins to the elders

You see, if YOU are not happy it is clearly YOUR FAULT, because ...... (wait for it) ...... Jehovah's Witnesses are the Happiest People on Earth!

We know that's true because it says so over and over and over and over again in the pages of the WT, Awake! and other Bible Based Publications lovingly provided to you by the FDS and it's GB!

God wants you to be happy because he is the Happy God! (1 Tim. 1:11).

And if that doesn't make you happy, then he is going to kill you at Armageddon. Until then, please try and have a nice day.

00DAD

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

My brain is sore just trying to follow the mental gymnastics suggested in this article!

What it reveals, though, are the true thoughts and feelings of "the happiest people on earth" : they are pissed off, bitter, broke, tired.

Also appreciate 00DAD's Hassan quote. Perfect.

• finally awake
    finally awake

I was so "happy" when I was a JW that I had to take 2 antidepressants just to function. Oddly, when I quit taking the meds due to the side effects, I started to realize something was rotten in the organization and I ended up inactive. Now I'm totally out, and I'm happier than I've ever been

• 00DAD
    00DAD

baltar447: something is seriously fucked up if you have to be TOLD to be happy dammit! LOL

Yes, it reminds me of when I was a kid and my dad tried to get me to eat some suspicious-looking and unappetizing food. He would yell at me and say, "You're going to eat it and you're going to like it whether you like it or not!"

• tornapart
    tornapart

00DAD.. think I'd rather be put in a straight jacket....

• tornapart
    tornapart

Baltar.. you're so right!! How can you be TOLD to be happy? :S

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

FLIPPER: Once again, a great thread from you. I feel the religion is threatened by people's good memories before they joined the religiom. And, by the way, anybody who considers anybody's career as being "worthless" had better NOT be looking to that person for money. That person's money should be no good. Right? I assume this article is not directed to born-ins but those who joined in adulthood and who have a "life" before the religion that they can compare with the one after they joined. Of course, no intelligent person really thinks the "good old days" were a trouble-free paradise. But, the sad fact is that many people's lives become very hard after they join the religion. They may want to get rid of that load of bricks! Whatever happened to Christ' "light load"? The religion wants to stem the tide of people who want to leave the religion by making them engage in mental trickery, in my opinion.

• 00DAD
    00DAD

tornapart: think I'd rather be put in a straight jacket....

That's a good comparison, the mind-control games this religion plays with people is tantamount to a psychological straight-jacket.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit