review of a newly baptized publisher

by raxxxx 18 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• raxxxx
    raxxxx

an elder approached a mate of mine saying that they have to meet up with him soon because he has been baptised a year and it's time for his review? anyone has heard of that? they are really pissing me off :/

• jean-luc picard
    jean-luc picard

Maybe its like the yearly control that they do on cars. Will he get a certificate afterwards?

• Ding
    Ding

Time for an oil change and tuneup?

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

This rubbish has always been going on. I remember my one-year review, when they wanted me to pious-sneer and establish the goal of becoming an assistant hounder. I couldn't pious-sneer because, due to excessive hounding, I felt it would have been invalidated (and I never did). But, I suspect that they wanted me into the Value Destroyer Training School, followed by missions throughout this country to strengthen congregations, and then on to Nigeria to strengthen that country's witlesses.

• 00DAD
    00DAD

Annual Reviews are standard business practice among all 21st Century businesses in Corporate America.

• ldrnomo
    ldrnomo

"I'm sorry brother you have not been meeting our standards, YOUR FIRED"

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

They're going to vote him off the island. Just a guess.

• 00DAD
    00DAD

Why don't the Guys from Brooklyn get an Annual Review?

• elderelite
    elderelite

Yes this practice is real and factual. one year after batisium the sec informs the cobe who arrabges for two elders to meet with, the "newly" babtises one and dicuss way to make further progress.

This model follows the bethel model where a similar review takes place. I wouldnt be supprised to see a similar practice institusd for all congrgation members, but for now its just after one year.

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

LOL, annual review. I used to get those at work. Oops---they showed a true color there.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit