You may be a jw if.....

by just Ron 76 Replies latest social humour

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

If...

You plan a holiday in Dublin next Summer and carefully iron clean formal shirts and have a tie , to go sight-seeing in.

ditto............................................................Pay over the odds to a classy hotel and think it a privilege

If ....You carefully choose your music with your Watchtower in mind rather than the music

If....You worry whether it is a sin to watch "Lord Of The Rings" or re runs of "The X Files"

If ....You do not let your teens watch "Harry Potter"

If ....You spend Monday and Tuesday planning what to say on "Family Study Night" on Thursday

etc.......

• angel.face
    angel.face

you need someone to tell you - in great detail - how to wipe your backside....and you are always wondering if you are doing it right.

• charlie brown jr.
    charlie brown jr.

angelface LOL....

I remember someone telling the Ex that very thing!

• TTWSYF
    TTWSYF

If you are embarrassed by your faith/doctrines/beliefs to the point that you hide it from others [even when doing field service initially]...then you might be a JW

dc

• shamus100
    shamus100

You feel bad for driving a 2 door vehicle.

• just Ron
    just Ron

If you can't scripturally defend your beliefs on an apostate forum.

• av8orntexas
    av8orntexas

If you think asking a young lady/woman to work with you in service out with others is a GREAT way to get to know her .

If you own more suits than some of the people in middle/upper management at your job.

If you stand in line pay $9.50 for a movie ticket 13.50 for food and beverages,then proceed to walk out of a PG-rated Rush Hour because your friend was offended by the cursing in the first 30 minutes of the Movie - YEAH ! We showed them !. ( I actually waited for this movie to come out,stood in line with many others on opening night, and proceeded to walk out because my friends were 'disturbed' by the language. Mind you..we were all around 21-22,23 at the time. Of course I was pissed !

You then proceed to ride home with those said friends and despite wasting $23, you feel good that you made a stand for Jehovah.

You brag to others that you walked out of a movie after paying money for it. Like a badge of honor.

If in your house- your parents think children shows such as Casper,Scooby Doo and the Smurfs were demonic. Same for most Disney movies.

If your senior year, after four years of hard work your friends are applying to major Universities. After four years of pioneering ( school holidays included) you are applying to Bethel.

If you draw stares of death when saying 'crap', 'pissed' or 'dang' as if you had just cursed.

If you're out in service, you walk into McDonalds and a REALLY pretty girl writes her name and number,hands it to you and walks out the door telling you to call her. One of the brothers asks you "What are you going to do with it ?" while giving you a steely stare. You then proceed to rip it up and throw if away. This actually happened to me. Ahhhhh.Nothing like JW peer pressure to do what is RIGHT.

As a brother in his teens, you think being given a key to the hall is SPECIAL.

If you are daydreaming so much that you're late with the micrpohone to someone on your aisle.

If a woman answers the door in service while working an apartment complex with nothing more than victoria secrets or fredricks of hollywood on. And you turn down the offer to come in and speak for a few mintues while working alone.

If you base your work schedule around the meetings.

If you KNOW you can't afford to,but ask for time off for meetings,assemblies,or conventions.

If you use you vacation/sick time for meetings,assemblies,or conventions. Not for vacation or sickness.

If you get up early,work 8-12 hours,rush home,skip dinner, and drive like hell to the meeting on a worknight. Then feel very proud of yourself for making the meeting despite being damn near comatose at that point.

Oh man...the stuff I did. I could go on forever.......

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit