The 'Old Light' and strange things from past jw publications thread

by TimeBandit 20 Replies latest watchtower bible

• TimeBandit
    TimeBandit

I've been reading early wtbts magazines and have been finding some pretty weird stuff! This thread is dedicated to such weird findings.

The Golden Age April 2, 1930 p.446 :

Apparently, there will be no women after the 1000 year reign of christ:

The Golden Age August 16,1933 p.726

The Golden Age June 6, 1934 p.571

From the article "What is Real Baptism?"

Consolation August 21, 1940 p.25

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

That first one sounds waaaaaaaaaaaay to much like Sparticus

• Azazel
    Azazel

Timebandit thats gold! Someone else referred to this"old light" as Dark Matter. I find it really amusing in a Jim Rose Freakshow kinda way.

Keep diggin and posting im sure to be laughing.

Az

• discreetslave
    discreetslave

The one on child baptism is interesting considering they are really pushing those in the 12 year old age range to take the plunge

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

Undoubtedly, it was god's spirit-directed organization that provided this food at the proper time.

• baltar447
    baltar447

It's rainin MEN! ROFL.

What a woman hating religion. I think whoever wrote that was fantacizing at the time.

• hotspur
    hotspur

And I expect you more than likely will found a contemporary statement offering childless couples the opportunity of having children in the "Noo System".

• xtreemlyconfused17
    xtreemlyconfused17

''wild women of the deep''.......was that article realy by the watchtower???!!!!!! Sheesh!!

• diana netherton
    diana netherton

I love it...keep it going!

• GOrwell
    GOrwell

Specifically about the resurrection, the scripture quoted about people not being married after is Matt 22:29,30:

"In reply Jesus said to them: “YOU are mistaken, because YOU know neither the Scriptures nor the power of God; for in the resurrection neither do men marry nor are women given in marriage, but are as angels in heaven."

When you're eyes are opened, perhaps you don't marry after you're resurrected because you're actually angels, and no longer have a human body, but a spiritual one.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit