When you read this sundays "Holy Spirit" Watchtower:

by Lore 27 Replies latest jw friends

• Robert7
    Robert7

We had a few elders and MS's that would ask for an extra portion of holy spirit. That NEVER made sense to me. Seemed so illogical to get an extra portion of something that is infinitie and all-powerful... dissonance at its best...

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

I'd like an extra portion of holy spirit and some more gravy, please.

• ziddina
    ziddina

Hah, ha ha!!!

It's like I'm at Hogwarts already!!!

hogwarts

• GOrwell
    GOrwell

I remember getting counseled once by an elder about not praying for that extra portion of HS.. he quoted John 3:34 :

"(John 3:34) For the one whom God sent forth speaks the sayings of God, for he does not give the spirit by measure."

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

The GB doesn't have a clue as to the mind and will of the real Holy Spirit or know what grieves Him.

• Quarterback
    Quarterback

The Beatles said it well. "Magical Mystery Tour"

Goo Goo Ga Jube......

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I have a simple proposition: If Jehovah's holy spirit (or magic) is so much stronger than the world's, then why doesn't he go around himself to the whole world and knock down all the bad religions, introduce the one good religion, and bring everyone that has even a chance of listening into that religion? And no using me as his missionary--he has to do it all himself. This means every country from the Americas to Africa to Asia, Europe, Australia, and the Pacific Islands has to be reached.

If Jehovah cannot or will not do it (even if he claims it's more fun to watch me suffer in some Third World country or in a Muslim region after some scam missionaries raped the cultures in those regions to make Christians), that means he either doesn't have the power or is not willing to do anything when it really counts.

• bats in the belfry
    bats in the belfry

Vanderhoven7 > take that for clueless:

... After this series of experiences and tests Jehovah poured out upon this organized “slave” class a double portion of his spirit. He enlightened them to see that their former idea of preparing themselves for heaven by so-called “character developing” was entirely wrong. That they might now be rejuvenated and enlightened for his holy service, step by step Jehovah led them along the way, illuminating their pathway as they became able to absorb the brilliance. In 1919 and 1922 he led them to the Cedar Point, Ohio, conventions, there giving them an understanding of fearless preaching, continuous preaching. (Isa. 6:11, 12, AS; Luke 12:32) There Jehovah also revealed to them that he is in his holy temple with heavenly hosts praising him, but that the remnant of his people, despite all the work that he had done for and in them,still were comparatively dumb, silent. Yes, silent when they should already have been declaring the glory of Jehovah and announcing his King and kingdom.

w54 6/1 pp. 342-343 par. 26 / 1926 Ushers In a Time of Great Happiness

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit