When you read this sundays "Holy Spirit" Watchtower:

by Lore 27 Replies latest jw friends

• inbetween
    inbetween

last Wt study said, today we will not get wisdom in miracolous ways....

ok, what then is the holy spirit supposed to be, if not something miracolous ? (or magic ;-)

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

In WT la-la land, the Holy Spirit is like Jesus, something they talk about, but really they consider redundant, because the GB is really magical and does it all.

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

Substituting "the Force" or "the Dark Side of the Force" is enlightening as well.

"The Force is even stronger, Obi Wan, and it will help us!"

• designs
    designs

How big is a portion.

• GromitSK
    GromitSK

I don't think I have ever been in places as totally devoid of any kind of 'spirit' or even atmosphere as kingdom halls and assemblies.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

I substituted 'the force' and it made me titter.

Jehovah and Satan...........ah, the old favourites that are interchangeable for a 'doublebind'! Y'know, good things happen to a JW and it's Jehovah thats blessing him. OR Good things happen to an 'apostate' and it's Satan misleading him.

14 Jehovah™ (Appeal to authority) has equipped us (the ‘preacher’s we’) to resist the spirit of the world™. (‘world’ ooooh! Appeal to fear) The apostle Paul (Appeal to authority) said to “go on acquiring power in the Lord and in the mightiness of his strength . . . that you may be able to resist in the wicked day.” (Eph. 6:10, 13) By means of his spirit, Jehovah™ (Appeal to authority) fortifies us to withstand Satan’s™ (Appeal to fear) efforts to mislead us. (Rev. 12:9) The spirit of the world™ (‘world’ ooooh! Loaded language again Appeal to fear) is strong, (The force is strong in this one..HAHAHAHAH) and we cannot avoid it altogether. (Can’t avoid something imaginary?….hooooooo boy!) However, we do not have to be corrupted by it. (Corrupted? Is this a weasel? An appeal to fear?....and our old friend the ‘preacher’s WE’ returns!) Holy spirit™ is even stronger, and it will help us! (Yeah? Practical and provable example please! Not just a ‘fundy’ claim either…)

• notjustyet
    notjustyet

So me and my best friend were entering the KH and we noticed that there were only 2 portions of the HS left, and one was a little bigger than the other so being in front I picked the bigger one for myself. My friend then said "Hey, if I were to have chosen first, I would have

selected the smaller portion!" And then I said, "Okay, great then everything worked out the way we both wanted it to"

(Note: this didn't really happen, it's very similar to a joke)

• designs
    designs

Does it taste like Creme Brulee.

• elderelite
    elderelite

Rotfl!!! I have done the same with the "force" but in honor of this thread i will use "magic" this weekend

• watson
    watson
    How big is a portion.

That depends on who's giving the prayer!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit