Dealing with elders during my mom's surgery

by noni1974 48 Replies latest jw friends

• aquagirl
    aquagirl

Oh yeah,my sister told me,when we thought that my mum was going to die,that She was going to have a "service' for my mum,and that 'I' wouldnt be invited...I just laughed and said that "I didnt care,but how 'bout we wait till mum actually dies"?..My mum is sitting here,right next to me,watching a movie,and very much alive.and NOT going to meetings anymore,Her choice...So I guess dear old sis,will have to wait for a 'souvenier' from my mums stuff and to have her 'service'....winning!!!...

• flipper
    flipper

NONI 1974 - My wife and I wish you & your mom the best ! Won't add anything to the great advice you have received from everyone - but only that YOU be the one to control the environment in the hospital room , not the elders. Be respectful , but don't let them push you around. Good luck, we'll send positive thoughts your way ! Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• xtreemlyconfused17
    xtreemlyconfused17

may the Almighty be with her throughout

• dinah
    dinah

Noni, I hope things turn out well with your Mom. Let's also hope there is no need for a removing-Noni's-foot-from- thier-ass-ectomy.

• Dismissing servant
    Dismissing servant

It's your own mother! The elders doesn't have any power over you! If they don't like your company they are free to leave!

Bring a small vidoe cam and record them, if they can't behave properly. They might be stars on Youtube!

• VM44
    VM44

"told me that I was making others feel uncomfortable by being there and he suggested that I go find a place in the hospital to wait on my own."

It is inappropriate for an elder to say that to a family member of a patient in a hosptial!

• Bella15
    Bella15

With all due respect, I have seen all the many rights people have here in the USA, unless your mom has signed a Power of Attorney appointing the elders to be by her side, I am sure hospitals will side with you in the event these elders go beyond their so called duty and you want to have them removed from the premises ... do not give them any power or let control any of the situation ... make sure the nurses know that you need to be informed of anyone wanting to see your mother ...

I am telling you, if any elders would dare to mind my business with my mom, I would not only all police on them but Homeland Security ...

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

Well, you can tell everyone here is on your side! I hope all goes well with the surgery, and I hope no nosy bullshit elder tries to manipulate you.

• discreetslave
    discreetslave

I hope all goes well with your mom.
    The hellders are insignificant and hopefully those little men will display some human decency.
    You mentioned other family...will they be of any support to you as well? The only thing worse than self righteous hellders is self righteous JW family.

• noni1974
    noni1974

My family are self righteous JW's sadly. Even my father who is DF ed but still believes. Although, they know what happened the last time and I'm sure they would understand me getting upset with the elders if they say anything to me that is out of line.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit