Head of Dominican Republic WT branch murdered

by aligot ripounsous 17 Replies latest social current

• aligot ripounsous
    aligot ripounsous

I wonder if this has been mentioned : A few days ago, David Moreau, the head of the WTS Dominican branch, was assassinated on the street. At the end of the day, he was going outside for a walk with his wife Marylène. They came across two guys who asked them for money. As he said that he hadn't any, one of the guys shot him down. The thug wanted to finish him off, Marylène implored him to spare him. He was taken to hospital but, being badly injured in the kidneys, he died shortly after.

David was the former head of the french guyanese branch and was appointed to D.R after the closure of Cayenne bethel. Before being part of the permanent staff of the Guyanese bethel he had belonged to Martinique bethel and would travel to Cayenne as the circuit overseer for the whole country. They were both nice people, apparently very sincere and dedicated to their cause. He certainly didn't deserve such a ghastly end. My thought go out to Marylène.

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

How awful for his wife and family.

Btw, in english, the correct word would be "killed" or "murdered" as opposed to "assasinated".

• cedars
    cedars

That's a terrible story. I've been to the Dominican Republic, and seen what an impoverished country it is. It doesn't surprise me that this sort of thing could happen, but that said, it could just as easily have happened in a developed country.

My thoughts and sympathies are with Marylene, who must be going through hell after such a traumatic experience and tragic loss.

Cedars

• blondie
    blondie

Long ago, Ray Franz served in the Dominican Republic.

When I was out in NYC, the Bethelites I knew always talked about mugger money, that it was important to have some money if a robber came by...I guess it pissed the mugger off if you had no money.

I'm sorry for him and that his wife had to see it. I work in an area that has a higher traffic of crime. I always have some money on me not that would have helped.

• wannabefree
    wannabefree

Very sad. My sincere condolences.

Inconceivable that God's spirit miraculously provides new tires for poor pioneers (I heard it at a convention) but chose to let this faithful man to be shot down.

• aligot ripounsous
    aligot ripounsous

Thanks, Six.

I don't know about the details but I assume that both of them were cleanly dressed and, being white, they were taken for rich people by the thugs.

• Dagney
    Dagney

I have a FB friend request from a missionary elder in the DR. (I never responded.) I checked his wall and the news article is there.

http://www.elnuevodiario.com.do/app/article.aspx?id=273267

Sad.

• aligot ripounsous
    aligot ripounsous

The article doesn't say he was the head of the branch. May be he wasn't. Anyway.

• compound complex
    compound complex

Greetings, Aligot:

Very sad news, indeed. In New York, many years ago, an elderly Haitian friend was mugged and beaten though the robbers got off with a bit under one hundred dollars.

No compassion, no sensibility.

Adieu,

CoCo

• sooner7nc
    sooner7nc

Very sad.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit