Head of Dominican Republic WT branch murdered

by aligot ripounsous 17 Replies latest social current

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

I am so sorry to hear about this. I remember hearing years ago that a group of JWs were victims of foul play in Mexico. I remember saying to an elder that this should not happen (Jehovah and the angels would protect them). I really started to hate the religion at that point.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

A terrible thing to have happened and one feels for his poor wife who underwent this traumatic experience.........

• aligot ripounsous
    aligot ripounsous

Jws in french Guyana are shattered by the news, this couple had been so closely associated with the history of the organization in the country, for about 30 years as far as I can remember. Actually, from what I heard on the phone at the WE, they were appointed to the DR bethel to train missionary married couples, he had hardly started his new asignment. What will be the aftermath of this tragedy in Marylène's mind ? we couldn't reproach her for mixed feelings knocking with grief.

• 3rdgen
    3rdgen

Wanna, My hubbys 1st wife would have said he must have had some secret sin for Jehovah not to protect him.

My condolances to his wife and loved ones. Chances are she'll be shipped home to fend for herself unless the WT$ thinks she is useful to the branch.

• bats in the belfry
    bats in the belfry

... and yet while it is sad, it is an indication God has no longer any use for that person in the outworking of his purpose - thus, he/she becomes expendable.

The Bible’s Viewpoint - Can True Christians Expect Divine Protection?

TO DELIVER relief items to fellow worshipers, Christians, after prayer, traveled in a convoy over a war-torn area where they were likely to be killed. They made it through safely, much to the amazement of the warring armies. Did God’s angel protect them?

A Christian couple who had served as ministers for many years were killed when an airplane crashed to the ground where they were evangelizing from house to house. Why didn’t God’s angel direct them or the airplane somewhere else at that particular moment? — Compare Acts 8:26.

Comparing these events, we might ask: Why do some Christians die while doing God’s will, whereas others, often in very dangerous circumstances, live? Can Christians expect divine protection, especially in these critical “last days”? — 2 Timothy 3:1.

Used in the Outworking of God’s Purpose
    To understand why divine protection is given, we must understand that it is given not simply to enable individuals to live longer but to protect something far more important, the outworking of God’s purpose. For example, the survival of the Christian congregation as a whole is guaranteed because it is closely linked with the fulfilling of that purpose. However, Christ plainly told his disciples that they as individuals could face death because of their faith. After stating this, Jesus stressed, not miraculous deliverance, but ‘endurance to the end.’ (Matthew 24:9, 13) The fact that some individuals were protected, while others were not, does not indicate that God is partial. God simply used the person who was in the best position to accomplish his purpose, which ultimately will benefit all mankind.

Since untimely death in God’s service is a real possibility, Christians should have the same balanced attitude as the three faithful Hebrews who were sentenced to death for worshiping God. They told the king of Babylon: “If it is to be, our God whom we are serving is able to rescue us. Out of the burning fiery furnace and out of your hand, O king, he will rescue us. But if not, let it become known to you, O king, that your gods are not the ones we are serving, and the image of gold that you have set up we will not worship.” — Daniel 3:17, 18.

Jehovah preserved the lives of Peter and John because of their key role in the outworking of his purpose. Peter was used to “strengthen” the congregation by doing a shepherding work, which included the writing of two inspired Bible books. (Luke 22:32) John wrote five Bible books and was a ‘pillar’ in the early congregation. — Galatians 2:9; John 21:15-23.

How Jehovah determines just when and in what manner he will intervene in the lives of his servants is impossible to foretell. All that can be stated with certainty is that Christ promised to be with his followers “all the days until the conclusion of the system of things.” (Matthew 28:20) In particular, he will be ‘with us’ through the angelic direction of the preaching work. (Matthew 13:36-43; Revelation 14:6) Other than these broad indications, we cannot anticipate exactly how divine help will be manifested or who may receive divine protection. What if a Christian feels that he has had God’s protection and guidance? Since this cannot be conclusively proved or disproved, no one should judge the sincere claims of such a one.

Awake! 1996, April 8, pp. 26-27 / Can True Christians Expect Divine Protection?
  • gubberningbody
    gubberningbody

Grammar police here.

An assassination is defined generally as: "to murder (a usually prominent person) by a sudden and/or secret attack, often for political reasons." [ 1 ] [ 2 ] Alternatively, assassination may be defined as "the act of deliberately killing someone, especially a public figure, usually for hire or for political reasons."

He was the victim of a crime, but not an assasination.

• Ri
    Ri

There is no difference between a mugger and an occupest...they both want other people's money

• Violia
    Violia

I noticed most of the comments were very sincere and very sorrowful for such disrespect of life. One said there would now be tremors ( I assume earthquakes) due to this. Toward the end some English speaking jws used it as an opportunity to talk about the nearness of the end.

What a dreadful way to end ones life. I too am concerned with his wife, as she must now make her way and probably she is near his age.

Yet it could have happened on any street here in USA.

I never thought about having money for muggers, not bad idea.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit