Blondie's Comments You Will Not Hear at the 02-03-2012 WT Study (WARNING)

by blondie 30 Replies latest jw friends

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Fine waste of people's morning or afternoon to go through this rubbish. The first part goes through two stock examples. I must add that just because Jehovah blessed Solomon for wanting wisdom, that means nothing. You try doing the exact same thing, and that Almighty Lowlife Scumbag might just choose to be an axxhole and give you nothing while preventing your own hard work from paying off.

From the middle on, it appears to be another restriction on marrying. Previously, you were told to only marry someone that was already a witless (and, even in November 15, 1989, it warned people to wait until "some time after baptism". The "some time" was indefinite, allowing the hounders to hold you back so your mate would get taken out from under you.) Now, they are hinting strongly on that you shouldn't marry anyone unless their whole family is in the cancer, and damn strong in it at that. More wasted opportunities lie ahead.

I will add one warning example not found in the rag. Wasn't the whole principle of Christianity founded on "a perfect, complete sacrifice to which nothing ever need be added"? I believe it was--Jesus' sacrifice was supposed to be whole, complete, and perfect. Adding to it would at best be an act of not being content with it, or having faith that it is sufficient. Yet, what do most Christian religions (the witlesses especially) harp on? Self-sacrificing! You are asked to "sacrifice it" whenever you have something you enjoy, whether it be a decent job, time off from work, or a talent. Why sacrifice it? Could it be because someone lacks faith in that perfect sacrifice? Any Christian denominated religion that asks for further sacrifice should not be supported, since obviously if they are asking for more sacrifice from you, they lack faith in Jesus' sacrifice despite harping on it.

This goes for Jehovah--even if your name happens to be Jehovah, asking me for more sacrifices or stepping in and offering something I hold as treasure as a sacrifice to yourself means you are demanding additional sacrifice. Does that principle say "a complete, perfect sacrifice to which little need be added"? Or "a complete, perfect sacrifice to which almost nothing need be added"? I didn't see either of those words. Therefore, any being that claims that salvation is based on that one sacrifice, that it is perfect and complete, and then expects me to add anything to it or that sacrifices it on me without my permission is a hypocrite and, according to Jesus' own words, deserves Gehenna. That goes for you, Jehovah.

• blondie
    blondie

The number of views is now 666...prophetic?

Great comments everyone...I wonder how many jws realized that Solomon was given a pass and Judas was sent to Gehenna?

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

Its’ interesting how the WTBTS downplays the immoral lifestyle of both David and Solomon in this article. For example in paragraph 2 they describe David as “a humble shepherd and a powerful King……guilty of serious wrongs, such as those involving Bathsheba, Uriah, and an ill-advised census”. The guy committed adultery where-in he fathered a child, then tried to cover it up and when that failed he conspired and succeeded in having Bathsheba’s husband (Uriah) killed.

Now, I’m no Bible Scholar however I have read the Bible from cover to cover my share of times. And when the name David comes up the very first thing that comes to mind is his immoral life style, how he stole another man’s wife and how he cowardly snuffed out poor old Uriah’s life. I don’t need anyone to tell me over and over again about anything good David may have done in his life. The amount of harm he committed during his life outweighs whatever good he did. The man is a louse! Why does the WTBTS continue to hold this skirt chaser in such high regard. O.K. so what if God used him. What is the WT’s hang-up with David?

And then there is Don Juan Apostate Solomon………!

If I were the Great Teacher I would grade this article and give it a big fat F !

By the way, Blondie excellent job on your research material.

• iclone
    iclone

Thanks Blondie, when I read this WT article I was thinking; “I can’t wait to see what Blondie has to say not to mention the reader comments”. You did not disappoint!

I too was dumbfounded at the lack of logic and cohesion in this article. On the list of “oh sh_t, did that article already go to press” moments for the writing committee. This is one shining example of sloppy and lazy writing. I mean the article contradicted itself over and over again. On more than one occasion it made reference to the “consequences” of Solomon’s actions-yet never once produced any evidence-because there is none! Talk about scraping the bottom of the barrel trying to come up with an article to fill a 75 minute gap! (The WT conductor was bewildered and fumbling over this article, he wrapped it up in record time-thank God) I found it humorous how they were able to intertwine their anti-education campaign but just about fell off my chair when they tried to implement the “marry only in the lord” principle. Seriously, if you are a sister or brother contemplating a romance outside the congregation, this would the perfect article to demonstrate how Jehovah will bless you for this course of action!

• smiddy
    smiddy

Thanks blondie

I tend to overlook these comments on the watchtower articles,but I`m glad I read this one.Very revealing and insightful.It`s amazing to me that when we were in, we read what the gb printed without too much thought going into it,and now, with a presentation like yours you wonder how did I ever beleive such dribble.Kudos to you

smiddy

• Bubblegum Apotheosis
    Bubblegum Apotheosis

Good point Terry, are we being primed for total obedience?

• blondie
    blondie

There is only way the WTS will attain total obedience, sift out all those who don't. Jim Jones did that, he kept upping what was required, some left because it was beyond their comfort zone, till his group that followed him to South America.

• hoser
    hoser

When I read the Song of Solomon all I get is a picture of this dirty old man trying to hook up with a young chick promising her a rich lifestyle.

obviously Solomon was some kind of sexual deviant. Like as if 700 wives and 1000 concubines isn't enough sex to handle, no the greedy old bastard needs one more innocent virgin to plunder

hoser

• ziddina
    ziddina

Hey, Hoser...

Did you know that it was once believed that having sex with a virgin cured one of venereal diseases - STD's...???

Hmmmmm.....

All those wives and concubines.....

Sounds like there must have been a few who had had previous lovers by the time they got to "King Solomon's" hareem....

Unless he was out schtupping women by the wayside, too...

• blondie
    blondie

I think most of Solomon's marriages were the basis of political unions with other nations.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit