Blondie's Comments You Will Not Hear at the 02-03-2012 WT Study (WARNING)

by blondie 30 Replies latest jw friends

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

How can you benefit from

Solomon’s warning example?

Let's see. For all the "wrong" that Solomon did, he never suffered the consequence... Married an unbeliever (and another, and another...), took lots of "concubines" (no particular marital fidelity there), lived a wealthy luxurious life, his writings that are in the Bible make almost no mention of God (consequently, this wasn't "spiritual wisdom" really), lots of fast horses and chariots (I guess wisdom was to go against God's earlier commands), elaborate building programs by slave labor...

Yep. I've learned a lot from Solomon. The course of wisdom is lots of sex, preferably with unbelievers, become rich and enjoy the wealth, pursue the wisdom that doesn't involve God and Bible stuff, collect fast transportation vehicles, acquire multiple homes (preferably at below market value).

Solomon never saw, and according to WT never will see, any consequences for his "apostacy".

Sweet. I've learned a lot from Solomon's warning example. Don't live a boring life under the tyranny of "God's commands". You can enjoy a long, rich, wise life by doing the opposite of "the Law".

• Knowsnothing
    Knowsnothing

Blondie, your opening post describes quite well what I was thinking as I had to sit through the study today.

I thought Jehovah didn't play favoritism? I guess Jehovah's golden boys get off the hook easy.

• PaintedToeNail
    PaintedToeNail

blondie! Excellent, as usual. I will definitely have to work some of your points in conversation with my hubby. He mentioned what paragraph 11 said about Solomon being married before he was king, but he failed to use your reasoning about why weren't his parents concerned with him marrying an unbeliever. You are so smart! Also, the points about Solomon having suffered no bad consequences for his actions, were very interesting.

Thank you for your insights.

• hoser
    hoser

As I was sitting through this study I couldn't stop thinking about Ray Franz and how unfair it is.

You see Solomon was a worshiper and did great things for Jehovah then he turned apostate, and he gets a life story in the watchtower

Ray Franz did great things for Jehovah, then according to the watchtower turned apostate, but he gets no mention in the watchtower.

hoser

• ziddina
  • JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

As I sat at meeting listening to the discussion of this article-I couldn't help but think to myself several times over....."what were you (WTBTS) thinking when you put this article together......what were you thinking?"

The lesson I learned and will never forget is as Blondie says...."There is hope then for all “apostates” today in the account of Solomon."

Billy the Ex-Bethelite nails it: "Yep. I've learned a lot from Solomon. The course of wisdom is lots of sex, preferably with unbelievers, become rich and enjoy the wealth, pursue the wisdom that doesn't involve God and Bible stuff, collect fast transportation vehicles, acquire multiple homes (preferably at below market value)."

Ziddina the same thought crossed my mind....."All right, correct me if I'm wrong, but in this quote Jesus is NOT speaking favorably of "King Solomon"; he's actually speaking favorably of the "queen of the south", the "Queen of Sheba", who listened to the "legendary" wisdom of Solomon..."

This article reminds me of 'OutLaws' illustration of the cowboy that shoots himself in the foot.....again!

• inbetween
    inbetween

JW gone bad: I thought exactly the same thing, when I was at meeting yesterday.

If a brother, even with the smallest privilege (like carrying the micros, yes its a privilege ;-)), would be removed immediatley if he started dating an unbelliever, but Solomon could be on Gods throne for 40 years despite repeated disregard for Gods laws, even be blessed with wisdom and granted to write bible books...

what can we learn from Solomons example ? The WTS and their God do not make any sense at all, just live your life as you please, either its okay, or you will be grilled, you cant tell anyway....

• Terry
    Terry

I could be wrong, but, I take the entire article as a foundational argument.

For what?

For viewing the men of the Governing Body as flawed while EXCUSING their flaws due to Jehovah's favor.

• elderelite
    elderelite

This particular wt made me want to vomit. Especially the paragraph that talked about after school sports. No scripture, no principle. The masses are just supposed to accept the premise presented.

F**k you GB

• punkofnice
    punkofnice
    Economic uncertainties have moved many to concentrate on their job and finances or have influenced decisions about the type and amount of education to seek.

...and 7 paedophile protecting dimwits in Brooklyn are doing the same except with them it's all about concentrating on real estate.

Perhaps, like Solomon, they're going to build themselves a 'Temple' move properties

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit