now wat??

by xtreemlyconfused17 52 Replies latest jw friends

• outsmartthesystem
    outsmartthesystem

First .....welcome.

Second......I know it is overwhelming but try to relax. You don't have to discover the God's honest truth about everything overnight. You don't have to learn how or where to worship God overnight. These things take time. Do as much research as you possibly can on the REAL history of JWs. Free your mind from the enslavement to Watchtower thinking. Then and only then will your mind be truly clear. That is when you can read the bible for what it truly says (without Watchtower goggles on)

Third - Do your best to ignore DJEggnog. If you think you can trust anything he tells you.....all you need to do is do a search of his past comments on a number of different threads. His logic (or lackthereof) is messed up. He and another poster (Mankkeli) are Watchtower Society nut huggers. They think they give a good "witness" with their reasonings and refutations.....but like I said.....all you need to do is review some of their older posts and you'll see how pathetic they are.

• poopsiecakes
    poopsiecakes

I find it helpful to picture this when reading Eggy's posts. Makes everything he says even funnier :) And welcome to the board!

• diamondiiz
    diamondiiz

djEggnog:

Who gives a shit if it's claims they returned to Judea or Israel, or entered the walls of burned Jerusalem! The point being is what Russell claimed for 606 is totally different from what today's watchtower teaches! And claiming that Knorr "overrules" past teaching is total bullshit that only brain dead dub will swallow. By what right did he overrule that? What Jehovah guided Russell in one direction and then all of a sudden Jehovah changed his mind and totally changed the idea on 536/537 and also regards to what indicated return of Jesus 6000years vs end of gentile times? Fact is that neither archaeology nor history support watchtower's stupid claims but its deceitful, low lives like yourself that will ignore all the facts and will stick with the cult. The last watchtowers dealing with 607BC are pure garbage, and with such misrepresentation it's even surprising that watchtower had named any sources but obviously they count on witness population not to check them.

You are a typical apolagist who ignores the reality what is taught within the congregations and how higher education is discouraged. Just like 1975, you blamed everyone other than the watchtower who were the sole reason that bullshit date got started to be proclaimed as something bigger than it really was. It's same type of garbage that comes from witnesses today and for the last 100+ years that the end being around the corner. You and the rest of you will die in this system, and so be it, don't force your kids to have shallow minds and imagine that everything outside of your cult is evil. The many professionals that ended up as witnesses were trained prior to becoming witnesses in the first place, so don't give me this shit that witnesses have doctors and other professionals as if these came out of born-ins. General witness population is uneducated and that's a fact. Very few gain college or university diplomas because they were discouraged from doing so as they grew up, thanks to watchtower's propaganda. Higher education is for development of mind but also for allowing a person to have a better career in the future to support themselves and their families and higher standard of living unlike many of witnesses today. To blame witnesses themselves for not gaining higher education and not blame watchtower is another typical deception as many will attest to the fact that numerous talks downplay the importance of higher education regardless if it was in 1975 or in 2012, the same anti-education propaganda is being heard from the podiums and at CA and DA.

Research is more than looking up wts cd-rom and that is what everyone encourages confused17, no one is saying to only go by what we have to say and take our words for it.

• xtreemlyconfused17
    xtreemlyconfused17

FIRST OF ALL, I'M A GIRL!!!!!! Thank u. Now, @djegnogg the only thing i've read/heard from u so far is ur too young. Ur a child. U cnt take care of urself n blah........i came in here to look for spiritual advice and the only thing ur doing is tryng to take my mind off that n shift it to.....what 'fleshy' issues?? Wel thanx for ur advice but i dnt appreciate it cuz u underestimate me too much.........just to make some things clear, i get turns to cook at home. When theres no house help i take care of the house. I went to a beauty school so i make my on money during holidays.........if from that i still cant take care of other people much less 'my children' then i'm just wonderin how old was ur wife when u married her. 40?? n jst FYI i know to spell wat i write very well, i'm not on an English test here to type everythn correctly. Infact i try to improve it cuz i noticed that many r older ppl in here. So that extra time u suugested i 'learn how to spell', i'l use it 'FOR RESEARCH'......................... @elderelite i understand. I'l just be posting my Qs then.......................... @tornapart u sure? I would love that. But Elderelite changed his mind. Maybe u shod think it over too...................@poopsiecackes loool u do know hes older right? Lmao........................@outsmartthesystem lool like which thread?............................@cantleave lol i would have listened to him. I just wanted info. But since he thinks i'm too young then i think he has nothing to say to me n i shouldnt bother listening.......................@stealth see djeggnog is agaisnt the society now. My yung brother sighned up to the ministry school at age 5!!!!!!.............................@diamondiiz wow u and djeggnog r 'deep'.

• flipper
    flipper

XTREMELYCONFUSED- I think you are doing great with your research. Just keep on researching, we will be here to support you my friend. You are among friends who understand what you've been through. Take care and hang in there

• xtreemlyconfused17
    xtreemlyconfused17

thanx mr. Flipper. I'm posting a Q ryt now. I wonder what people will say about [email protected]

• flipper
    flipper

XTREMELYCONFUSED- Most people here will answer and analyze your question with a view to helping you. Only a few come on here and try to be JW apologists and start arguments. 90 % of the folks here are helpful and want to assist you with no expectations put on you. We understand as many of us have been where you are at

• tornapart
    tornapart

dear xtreemlyconfused.. yes, I'm not 'out' yet. I still go to meetings and do FS, even though now it's hard to do. I have a lot of family still in and a lot of friends. I can see from what you write that you are a very mature young lady but just going through an emotional time after your discoveries. We've all been there in one way or another. I only found all these things out myself very recently, so I know how you feel. The best thing to do is take things very slowly, give yourself time to take it all in, try and resist the temptation to tell everyone what you've found out. As time goes on and your feelings settle you'll have a better idea about what you want to do and how to proceed. If you want to write I'm happy for you to, but no pressure! :) Take care!

• Quandry
    Quandry

Welcome to the forum.

Please be patient. At sixteen, you have lots of time ahead. One thing that is really good...you are not baptised. This gives you an opportunity to ask questions, but know this. The more questions you publicly ask, the more you may be seen as a bad association for many young people in your congregation.

I hope that you will focus on your education.

My daughter was df'd for some silly teen stuff she did when she was 16. (not fornication-stuff like tried a cigarette, etc.) She was berated and humiliated by five men. That did it for our family. We left the JWs.

She went on to graduate from High School with honors, and went on to college. She just graduated from University with highest honor-Summa Cumme Laude-almost perfect grades, with a degree in biology. She just got a job in a laboratory.

You can do anything in life that you set your mind to. Formulate goals for yourself, then stick to them. Perhaps you can come to be in a position to help mankind through your future work.

For the time being, just put your head down, and go to school. Learn all you can. Then when you are older, you can make your own decisions. Right now, try not to upset your family. Heed their advice, even if it means going to meetings.

You can do it!

• xtreemlyconfused17
    xtreemlyconfused17

indeed i've [email protected].......................@tornapart u know i just find it strange that people like elders or now 'elders wives' get shocked by all these. Its just strange n funny. U should tel me what u found out that shocked u. And if ur husband, the 'elder' doesnt have an answer to it, then i'l be soo comfortable. I might seem seeing elders as a big deal. Wel in my cong. It is. My peers 'behind talk' about how hard it is to get privleges here, so from that we conclude that they know 'too much' (in a good way).........................@quandry oh my!!!!!! :( I'm sorry for ur daughter, n ur family. So r u guys back or permanently out? Wel she might be successful but then who/where does she worship? The idea of being 'neutral' is freaking scarey. Good advice, And yes, something in common with ur daughter, i'l be taking gynaecology (my parents dont discourage university)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit