now wat??

by xtreemlyconfused17 52 Replies latest jw friends

• xtreemlyconfused17
    xtreemlyconfused17

@ding yes i got it. Thanx....... @wallsofjericho 'luckily' i'm unbaptized n most if not all my family members r JWs, so mayb i'l just fade when i get the answers to my questions......... @ziddina lool u seem concentrated on education n money. But its true. Arent they just so clever!!! Luckily,my parents didnt buy that 'school-not-so-important' teaching. i'm in xul and i'l be going for university. Aaaand i'm a girl.lol......... @stealth lol wat demonds ;( thats scarey............ @elderilite U WERE REALY AN ELDER?? I would lyk to talk to u........... @jam wel this road to hapyness is sad and scarey............. @dogisgod n where will i be worshiping?........... @adiva thank u :) @rebel8 lol thanx

• wannabefree
    wannabefree

Welcome xtreemlyconfused17.

elderelite is currently serving as an elder, there are others here who are presently serving in that capacity ... I was an elder, stepped down to care for my family responsibilities ... I woke up to the religion about two years ago, I also expereinced the sleepless nights, cold sweats ... it is hard to have your whole world fall out from underneath.

You metioned that you asked some questions and are waiting for answers.

Realize that the only answers that you will get will be Watchtower approved answers. The Organization is what it is, it will not change because you point out it teaches something wrong, it will only eliminate the dissenter.

Best wishes. Keep your wits about you and have a wonderful life.

• diamondiiz
    diamondiiz

Welcome,

Waking up to reality is tough. For those of us who really believe the shit it's hard reality to swallow because we believed we would live forever and all the shit that came with it. Fact is, we've been lied to. It takes time to get over the reality that we've been lied to and it may take time to come to that conclusion. That's why it's so important to do independent research and check the sources. Luckily for you, you're still young and unbaptized which is a HUGE PLUS.

Also depends where your parents stand on wts, are they total drones and won't allow reason and will follow blindly because strangers (GB) say so, or will they step back and try to reason on the topic. If they're drones like many witnesses you have to be careful what you tell them or you may get kicked out for speaking against the watchtower. When you research, your knowledge may take you where you never imagined but it's all depends what you want, do you want the most likely truth or just enough to know the basic truth about the watchtower but still keep your faith in the bible and it's god.

I will suggest, you examine the facts about the watchtower, go to college and take a meaningful course that you can enjoy and make a decent wage so you can support yourself and your future mate. A good career makes a huge difference in enjoyment of life despite what you were told by the watchtower - organization of uneducated bafoons. Your morals don't need to change but most likely need tweeking so that you're not superstitious of everything out there as if everything is evil because it's controlled by satan like wts likes to indoctrinate people.

The questions you asked that were forwarded to the elder, you'll probably get typical BS answers that you can find yourself in the watchtower publication.

Anointed don't communicate with GB because GB is the faithful slave that feeds other domestics including other anointed......

For Jerusalem, they will probably refer you to the latest articles on the topic which are found in Oct and Nov 2011 public watchtower magazine. The articles misquote and omit vital facts which can be easily seen if you research the sources quoted. I suggest you read excellent rebuttal by Carl Jonnson, here are the links

Rebuttal to October 2011 Watchtower

Rebuttal to November 2011 Watchtower

Very thorough and easy to read articles.

As for Paul's letters, it's obvious they will tell you they were inspired because what else can they tell you. He was used by Jesus, preached and spread the word.....blah...blah...blah..... A better question could be asked what evidence is there for Jesus as described by the bible?

Don't worry, take your time researching and make sure you have valid sources for you research, when you do decide to talk with witnesses about anything use watchtower publications or sources they can't simply brush aside as if apostate articles are bunch of lies which is their typical argument. I also suggest that you do a thorough research on the topic before you ask your "bible" study conductor or other witnesses, but as my first paragraph stated, be careful not to rock the boat so not to get kicked out of home at too young of an age. If you have any question, or need old publications just ask and many will help you or guide you in the right direction where to find or obtain the information you're looking for.

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

Welcome! There's a lot of good advice here. I hope you follow it!

• elderelite
    elderelite

Yes confused, im currently an elder.... So is make room for george.... And many other have served, includkng wannabe, blues brother and maaaannnyyyy others here who have been a huge encouragment and help. I only mention being an elder because it helps some to know that elders too want out :-)

But what everyone said is spot on. Its totally understandable that you are having moments of extreme stress and doubt. We all did at first... You dont have to make any decisions today or tommarow or the next day. For now just learn or unlearn and think things through. It will be ok :-)

If you want to talk feel free to pm me but so many here are willing to help and the community as a whole is a benefit to us all... Make good use of it!

• finally awake
    finally awake

Welcome! You are not alone in feeling confused and upset. There are tons of resources on the internet to help you learn the truth about "the truth". The most important thing to remember is that you can live a good and happy life outside the Watchtower Society.

• flipper
    flipper

XTREMELY CONFUSED- Nice to have you here ! I understand the wide variety of emotions you are having. It is a shock to the senses to find out all we were taught were lies and not accurate. Do you have any non-JW relatives. At your age as a minor person I would start by reaching out to any non-JW friend or relatives you have. Don't freak out too much. We are here to give you support as well. Hang in there and it's really nice to have you here. Look forward to hearing more from you. Just keep researching and learning. Peace out, mr. Flipper

• djeggnog
    djeggnog

@xtreemlyconfused17:

aloha everyone

You mentioned "Tanzania"? I assume you didn't mean to write "Tarzana," as in Tarzana, California. Where exactly is Tanzania? Are you in Eastern Africa?

please do help if u can.

I'll try.

[I'll] soon be 17, i'm an unbaptized publisher, but [inactive] (havent gone door to door)for more than a year, but still very strict with Our organisation's standards (lyk no teenage dating).

You're 16 years old and because you've not been baptized, which means that you are not yet become one of Jehovah's Witnesses.

recently i've been discoverin lotta shit. One minute u feel lyk in heaven, soo peaceful, from the bad guys, having wonderful hopes..........then the other u find out that ur under d devils seat himself!!!!! N the 'wonderful hopes'?? Perished in thin air. Its freakin scarey if u were a '[zealous]' JW so these two weeks i've been going through 'big [daddy's' forbidden] materials....a.k.a 'apostates' sites.

I don't see the issue. In my opinion, at 16 years of age, you aren't old enough to be able to comprehend many of the things that you might read on the internet, so I wouldn't be surprised over someone your age becoming confused after they had read some of the things that have been uploaded to certain websites about the beliefs of Jehovah's Witnesses, some of these uploaded items having been uploaded by apostates, some of these items uploaded by folks that have become just as confused as you have become, and who have becoming stumbled over their not having been given satisfactory answers to their questions.

It was very shocking for me i cant explain. This unusual fear just grew in me and i [really] have trouble sleeping at nite. I once woke up in d [middle] of the night crying and my mom had to work things out. I told her about [what] i've been reading, about the ex-bethelites experiences, ex-elders, d [disfellowshipped]

While many of the folks that were formerly Jehovah's Witnesses had formerly served at Bethel, were formerly elders, former circuit overseers and former pioneers, none of those disfellowshipped from Jehovah's organization were unbaptized publishers like yourself, but perhaps you now have come to realize that you aren't ready to ready to digest the disparate viewpoints of disfellowshipped Jehovah's Witnesses, since evidently you are more accustomed to listening to the viewpoints of active Jehovah's Witnesses. Whatever it is you should decide to do, if you aren't ready to learn what others confused ones and those who have been disfellowshipped are saying about Jehovah's organization and the things that Jehovah's Witnesses teach, then you would be ill-advised to be reading the messages on JWN, no matter what your age,

n i knew what to expect from her as i'm a JW too........mum was like 'u know we are not [supposed] to read anything involved with the apostates, y did u?

No, as an unbaptized publisher, you are not yet one of Jehovah's Witnesses, but, in my opinion, your mother was correct to tell you that you should avoid reading things that have been uploaded to websites by former Jehovah's Witnesses, who are now apostates. You may not agree with what your mother said, but I agree with her.

I should take ur phone from u. Just look at urself now' i was very emotional at the time so that was it with mum. so i had found out this Barbara Anderson.....this Fred Franz........these sites where ex bethelites talked of their 'very sad and unfair' experiences

I'm familiar with Barbara Anderson's work, but you mentioned Fred Franz: Did you mean "Fred Franz," or did you have in mind Ray Franz?

the 'forever changing doctrines'........the 1914 fiction.........the apostle Pauls 'personal opinions guiding christians' (WHICH IS D BIGGEST BLOW TO ME cuz thats like the foundation of everything)................ ITS MINDBLOWING!!!!!

I'm pretty sure that the apostle Paul didn't write his own personal opinions, but wrote what things we read today in the Bible because he was moved by God's holy spirit to write those 14 books that he is credited with writing in the Bible. However, Jehovah's organization is a progressive organization, and whether you had heard this said before or not, I will just say that the doctrines that Jehovah's Witnesses teach are not static, but are subject to change as we make adjustments in our viewpoint.

Like, for example, @xtreemlyconfused17, how many people do you know today that still refer to Pluto as if it were a planet? Before February 18, 1930, Pluto was reckoned as "Planet X," but this astronomical knowledge wasn't static data, for on August 23, 2006, the International Astronomical Union voted in the Prague to strip Pluto of its status as a planet, people have a progressive understanding of Pluto, and so, as our knowledge of the universe increased, we have came to refer to Pluto as a "dwarf planet."

So whereas the world reckoned Mars, Venus, Earth, Mercury, Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus, Neptune and Pluto ("My Very Educated Mother Just Sent Us Nine Pizzas") to be planets, there has been a change in astronomical dogma so that after August 23, 2006, these nine planets became eight planets ("My Very Elderly Mother Just Sits Up Nights"). Things that Jehovah's Witnesses might think to be static may have to change as our knowledge of the Bible increases or, to put this in another way, 'as the light gets lighter.' Christendom's doctrines like its teaching of the trinity is static, but the teachings of Jehovah's Witnesses are dynamic as we gain a progressive understanding of the Bible, for example as to the generation of the sign to which Jesus referred at Matthew 24:34, which Jehovah's Witnesses used to refer to as "the generation of 1914."

No one is required to accept the adjustments made to the doctrines preached by Jehovah's Witnesses; in fact, many of the people to whom Jehovah's Witnesses have never heard or learned what Jehovah's Witnesses believe. It is only those Jehovah's Witnesses that have had to make adjustments to how we understood certain Bible doctrines that seem to be the ones resistant to making these necessary changes and some of them have left our ranks due to their unwillingness to accept our new understanding of the these Bible doctrines, which is their right to do.

I had rested my [everything] on this 'Gods Organisation'!!! I aaaalways dreamnt of having kids......raising them to be one of Jahs people......NOW WAT??? I Cannot think of any other religion i could raise my kids in!!! N I SOOO DNT WANT TO BE A PAGAN.........SO NOW WAT???? [At least] now my [conscience] will let me [marry] a non-JW (n definately not turn down teen dates offers [anymore] lol)...........but then where will i be going for worship? [At least] just on Sundays???

You should really have been rested your hope on Jehovah God, not on God's organization. Be that as it may, there is no command in the Bible that says, "Thou shalt not marry a non-Jehovah's Witnesses." But there is a kindly admonition in the Bible, penned by the apostle Paul, that if a Christian should decide to marry, he or she they should do so "only in the Lord," but I'm sure you would have learned this already. There is no reason that you should ignore the counsel that you heard regarding teen dating, because if such dating should lead to your becoming a teen father, it will be too late at the time to have paid heed to the counsel that you will have ignored, so you would be wise to don't do it.

It's more likely than not that should you have any children of your own, they will follow your example and not be taught by Jehovah, and their future prospects for life would be dim because of the decision that you yourself made to leave off from actively association with Jehovah's organization. If now, after reading something on some website written by a stranger that is in conflict with what you learned in association with Jehovah's Witnesses, your conscience permits you to marry someone that is not one of Jehovah's Witnesses, then the risks inherent in your not marrying "only in the Lord" would be your own.

I do wonder though why it is you would trust a stranger to have your best interests at heart, but if you are allowed, at 16 years old, to make your own decisions, then I suppose it is your right, no matter what I might think about your posting messages to JWM, to decide against your own best interests, @xtreemlyconfused17.

I still [believe] in lots of WT teachings............BUT I HAAVE TO BUILD A FOUNDATION FOR MY FUTURE.......but i just dont 'fully' trust the WT anymore so i was seeking advice. What did u do?? If u left the organisation [where] did u go to?? Anybody my age mates in here?? What r u going to do??

There are no children actively posting messages here on JWN, but some have in the past posted messages to this website; most of the people that post to JWN are adults, so if someone here should send you a personal message, which some might call a "PM," don't read it, but if you should decide to read the PM, it would not be wise to give anyone any personal information about you, including your mother's name, your home address or telephone number since the people here, including me, are strangers to you. If you are asked to PM someone, don't do it. Some of the people here do not know Jehovah and you cannot know who here might cause you harm if you should befriend them or interact with them using Facebook or on one of the internet chatrooms.

If you feel you cannot trust the counsel given by Jehovah's Witnesses any longer, there are many other places of worship where you might decide you want to worship, but these "other places of worship" may not worship Jehovah as God as you have learned to do, but may worship Jesus as God. If your Bible-trained conscience allows you to change your doctrines to accord with the ones being taught in Christendom, then you will probably be ok attending one of Christendom's churches, although I would advise against your doing this if your goal is to build on a firm foundation, if your goal is to build your future on Jesus Christ, the chief cornerstone of God's spiritual temple.

I wrote down a number of questions (eg, do the anointed around the world communicate?

The anointed are human beings just like you and I, who distinguish themselves from us because they have a heavenly hope, whereas we have an earthly hope, but they communicate with other people that same as everyone else does using the telephone, email, letters and by their regularly gathering together in worship with other Jehovah's Witnesses in the world.

[Which] is the most correct year for the fall of Jerusalem?

By subtracting 70 years from 537 BC, the year when the Jews had repatriated the land of Judah, we can deduce based on the Bible, Josephus and the Nabonidus Chronicle that the land of Judah had been made to lie desolate by Babylon on or about Tishri 1, 3155 AM, September 27, 607 BC, Julian, September 20, 607 BC, Gregorian, so 607 BC would be the specific year in which Jerusalem fell to the Babylonians.

Where Paul's letters inspired by the holy spirit?

Yes, they were; Paul was privileged to write 14 of the books that have become a part of the 66-book Bible canon.

@djeggnog

• TardNFeatheredJW
    TardNFeatheredJW

You are young. Welcome. Take it easy and don't fret.

• just Ron
    just Ron

Welcome! xtreemlyconfused17 You are not baptized yet not nearly as much trouble as if you had been. Just study and don't limit your self to just getting info from The watchtower.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit