Child preachers - I find this very disturbing

by freetosee 25 Replies latest jw friends

• Sic Semper Tyrannis
    Sic Semper Tyrannis

There was this child prodigy in our congregation around the same age as I was. They even announced him as some sort of special assistant to the elders. He would go around and try to encourage the children to do more in service and become unbaptized publishers. My parents would give me the tired refrain of "why can't you be more like him?".

He was pretty devout all the way into high school. He was a handsome guy, and I saw him regularly shoo women away who wanted to sleep with him, using the occasion as a way to place magazines. Then out of nowhere he gets disfelowshipped. No one knew exactly why, but later rumors confirmed it was over a girl. He joined the Norteno gang and shot someone in the face as part of the initiation. He got sent upstate and to this day has been in and out of prison and is a known gang lieutenant.

Now "why can't you be more like him?" seems even more hollow. If you raise a kid to be such a Golden Boy, you are setting himself up for some real issues as soon as he becomes tempted by other distractions.

• freetosee
  • garyneal
    garyneal

Why is it that you can play recordings backwards and almost always find something satanic in them? Is it Satan or merely us looking for something evil and satanic in recordings played backwards?

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

As soon as we stepped into the car, it was a different story. My family was extremely dysfunctionall with much violence. The worst fights occured on the way to the KH. Tension was unbearable as soon as the service was over. We were still on KH property - just not near anyone hearing us when the most vicious fighting started. One day we drove a sister without a car. She told this horrid story of what happened when a sister gave her a ride home. The most vile and Christian practices. We just sat there. If only she could have heard us...........

Does anyone remember that 60s preacher kid, Marjo? Something like that. He ended up a hippie.

Trained seals are good performers. Also, sea lions

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

I saw Marjoe quite some time ago. It was made in 1972, but it is still very relevent now.

• smiddy
    smiddy

This is just so sick...Child abuse,? Child exploitation ? their is no way in the world these kids even know what their talking about ,kids are great mimickers.,they see their dad/mom whowever and they want to immitate him/her to gain their approval,any parishioner who says these kids are led by the holy spirit are just plain delusional.....Jesus was thirty years old when he took on his assignment , not a babe ,think about that

smiddy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit