What Percentage Of The Billion Hours In Field Service, Was Productive?

by Bubblegum Apotheosis 27 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Bubblegum Apotheosis
    Bubblegum Apotheosis

I met a doctor and his wife, they are heading near the Sudan, they are born again christians and very kind. I know he spends a month a year

working for some agency,who help the poor, peform medical attention, with some Gospel preaching. The poverty he encounters, is nothing compared

to the hardships the localbrotherhood endures in Santa Maria, is finding something to do, finding a empty coffee shop. The former C.O. loved doing

"calls, RVs and studies", what about getting your feet dirty and going "door to door", parking lot witnessing for the whole day? Why can't we do more for the poor, and

widows and orphans and elderly and homeless? Why can't we do something that actually will help humanity, is this a sin, to want to help those in

need? I wish we could be Authentic Christians, not some robotic, Bible challenged, fence walking men and women. I keep my charity under my hat,

others say "we always will have the poor." "the poor need Jesus, not temporary aid.".

• Bangalore
    Bangalore

The WT is a book publishing and real estate business, not a charity like the Christian charities helping in third world countries. As a business it needs to sell its products like magazines and books.

Bangalore

• Fernando
    Fernando

Watchtower followers are called "publishers of the good news" (evangelisers). They publish religion instead (proselytisers per Matt 23:15).

I therefore have to say ZERO PERCENT.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

For the sake of clarity, I will here define "productive" in the sense that it actually leads people into the religion.

Even using that definition, quite a bit of time is actually wasted. I have been out in field circus when most of the time was frittered away. I went to a bookstore to "informally" present wastes of paper to customers browsing the store, and I spent most of the time looking at books. Not one second talking to anyone about religion. I did a return visit--several years ago, to buy a couple of the books including the Excitotoxins book I found the first time.

Other times, I have gone into the territory and then we had one errand after another. Gas, air in the tires, going to the bank or post office, stops for coffee or doughnuts, and returning for forgotten items wasted much time. Also, I have seen times when someone needed to be picked up and we wasted half an hour waiting. Plenty of times, I have sat in the car while everyone else was on a call--and wasted 45 minutes fogging up the windows so they would waste more time defogging them.

Even while actually in the field, much time is wasted. We get a side of a street done (maybe 20 doors), and then sit in the car for half an hour warming up or cooling off. Then we drive to a call, which is maybe 2 or 3 kilometers away (and waste another 10 minutes hunting for the house), and usually they are not home. I have been driven across the city, maybe 20 kilometers one way and through red lights, for a call that was not home--my whole hour of field circus for that month and a waste of a field circus hour for 3 or 4 people in that group. And the doors where no one was home--or that we would knock lightly (which was more prevalent in other territories because I had the misfortune of working with pigs that enforced the audible-knock rule).

And that still wasn't it. I had a pile of rags 1 1/2 meters tall to shred when I quit--running from the late 1980s through 2004. I would have 5 rags per issue--a pretty typical amount. Occasionally I would place all of them in a single run of an hour, but as often I had every single rag at the end of the month despite doing 20 hours that month (honest hours, not fake ones). Then, when I did place the rags, I was lazy in returning on those calls. After a couple of rag placements, typically the call would go to the bottom of the pile. And it was always more rags, never a book. I only placed one Suffer Forever book, and even that study fizzled after the very first installment because I didn't feel like getting out at 6 in the morning for the study.

And even if people do return diligently, studies do not progress. I have been dragged on many a study where they would go partway through the Suffer Forever book and not attend even a single boasting session. And even the ones that finish the Suffer Forever book were as often as not doing nothing. They still smoked, they still went to regular church, they still had families (via fornication) that they refused to break up with. And they did not attend boasting sessions despite houndings by those conducting the studies. Obviously, that did not further the cause of getting people into the cancer.

Needless to say, most of the field circus hours are completely wasted. And that doesn't even allow for that the whole religion itself is a scam. If you make that allowance, then none of it is really productive.

• Bubblegum Apotheosis
    Bubblegum Apotheosis

I drove by Starbucks in Nipomo (Next to Santa Maria) and the place was loaded with JWs at 9:45 AM. If Field Circus starts at 9:30 AM, how much

time was dedicated to Jehovah, how can you start your time from 9:38 (leaving the Hall Arrangements) if you are kicking back at Starbucks by 9:45

AM? WT Wizard how do these fakes count their time slips, with feeling shame or guilty? Pioneering by visiting coffee shops, how much time is valid?

I have been playing this game since the 1970s and don't know how to count my time still. I need agressive methods, can you help me pioneer? Can

you help me get a car load of "Paridise Lost" "You can suffer" and "Babylon the Great has Fallen" I love the Molech picture (Cow Burning, Baby being tossed.) , baby being thrown into the flames, it was good for night terrors as a kid.

• 3rdgen
    3rdgen

Satan the Devil has led them to Starbucks to distract them from their lifesaving work.

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

All the hours are productive, don't forget even when no one is home the angels are watching. *Barf*

I'd doubt even 10 percent is productive. Consider the majority of time is from the following situations

• Five people in a car doing RV's on a midweek afternoon when no one is home. That is 10 hours counted, and usually only 2 people contacted.
    • 2 people walking around a block on a Saturday morning meeting possibly 5 people in 2 hours, of which only 1 person talks long enough to even realise they are JWs, and unlikely to end up with any idea what they really are preaching about
    • Time counted stopping for drinks at 7/11 etc

The 14+ hours counted above for JW preaching would usually only result in 7 people being contacted (1 in 2 hours of contacted time). And it would not be as effective as a Christian having a 15 minute impromtu conversation, which they often try with me in all sorts of situations.

• dinah
    dinah

I threw away more Watchtowers than I placed when I was a kid. Unless I put them on the door of "not at homes" Most people wouldn't answer the door, then you are stuck with magazines you had to buy (thank Jimmy Swaggert).

• Sulla
    Sulla

Productivity is not the point of the exerise, so the fact that it is a waste of time a feature, not a bug.

The point of the whole field service thing is simply as a signaling method. Showing up demonstrates your bona fides. That is all. Nobody gives a shit that it is ineffective.

• therevealer
    therevealer

Yup!!! Even "pretend" not at homes can be productive. You know, those people that were at home and didn't answer. Like the goofy field experience where the publisher takes the initiative to talk, even when no one answers the door. He talks to the dog that he knows is there because he hears it behind the door. And lo and behold the householder, who is really there, listens and blah, blah, blah. I forget exactly how it was supposed have gone after that but the householder probably got baptised and went on to become a pioneer LOL.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit