Does bethel monitor this site?

by 2tone 84 Replies latest jw friends

• Ding
    Ding

I hope they do, and I hope it opens some eyes there.

• Londo111
    Londo111

Some time after reading this thread, a few things occurred to me that I hadn't thought of in a while. This doesn't have anything to do with Bethel or this website.

However, I heard about this experience over a year back: A brother's wife left him, and after a year, she joined a JW Dating Site. Long story short: an elder on the other end of town called this man's father, inquired into the situation, and told the father about the profile on the Dating Site. The man had to hear about this from his father…instead of the elder calling him directly. Therefore, it seems logical that there was some monitoring going on.

Another experience, way before the internet, that an older elder once related: They used to "police the flock" in the olden days. In one case, they followed one brother into a gay bar and found him holding hands with another man. And in another case, they followed another brother who was suspected of having an affair with his secretary--but they were never able to prove anything. Eventually new direction came from headquarters to discontinue this. They were no longer to "police the flock".

I guess all this goes in conjunction with what was said by Brother Franz in one of his books, how the Branch spied on a gathering of former Witnesses, taking pictures of those who were going in. The spies were caught and arrested--of course, no trail leading back to the Society. Individuals end up falling on their swords, but the true Masterminds get away.

• Londo111
    Londo111

Some time after reading this thread, a few things occurred to me that I hadn't thought of in a while. This doesn't have anything to do with Bethel or this website.

However, I heard about this experience over a year back: A brother's wife left him, and after a year, she joined a JW Dating Site. Long story short: an elder on the other end of town called this man's father, inquired into the situation, and told the father about the profile on the Dating Site. The man had to hear about this from his father…instead of the elder calling him directly. Therefore, it seems logical that there was some monitoring going on.

Another experience, way before the internet, that an older elder once related: They used to "police the flock" in the olden days. In one case, they followed one brother into a gay bar and found him holding hands with another man. And in another case, they followed another brother who was suspected of having an affair with his secretary--but they were never able to prove anything. Eventually new direction came from headquarters to discontinue this. They were no longer to "police the flock".

I guess all this goes in conjunction with what was said by Brother Franz in one of his books, how the Branch spied on a gathering of former Witnesses, taking pictures of those who were going in. The spies were caught and arrested--of course, no trail leading back to the Society. Individuals end up falling on their swords, but the true Masterminds get away.

• nugget
    nugget

I can confirm that my husband and I were presented with our posts on this site and facebook as evidence of our appostacy and I was asked directly whether I was Nugget. Whether this was Bethel or some zealous JW friend of a friend I don't know. What it does show is how careful faders need to be about how much personal information they share and with whom. Certainly your secret identity alone is no protection if you share that information with others. This is a public forum as is facebook and if the hack your account they have done nothing illegal.

I also think that people who had any degree of prominence in the congregation need to be particularly careful since elders going off the radar are more likely to be followed up and asked to confirm that they believe the GB are gods reps on Earth.

I certainly had a cyber stalker for a while it was exciting to think I was that special. I hope they took the time to read the posts here it would be an education.

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

The better question is why would they not? They can design an anti-apostate campaign on the strongest points raised here. People here frequently post their geographical locations. It narrows the field. It strikes me that members here are far more intelligent, educated, and articulate than your average Witness.

I have a strong feeling that you need to be an uber Witness to not be swayed by the posts here.

Also, my mother would never let us be baptized when our cousins were. From an Armageddon viewpoint, it is better to never hear of Jesus than to be baptized and fall away. Your burden is much heavier.

I don't think you could design a forum that would work that would not allow them to read the content. Look how many individual Witnesses come here despite being expressly told not to come here.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit