Interesting video "ex jw elders meeting"

by yourmomma 28 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• new one
    new one

You could use a web proxy to listen to it.

• undercover
    undercover

I'm only 2 1/2 minutes into it and I can tell already, the elders are on a witch hunt. Twice in two minutes, they asked "who have you talked to" when the young man mentioned speaking with others about what he read in the Bible.

These guys are looking to nail him to the wall. Any argurment he makes is going to fall on deaf ears. They willl repeat the WT mantra and not really listen to what he has to say.

As I get time I'll listen to more and see how my prediction goes...

• freetosee
    freetosee

You could use a web proxy to listen to it.

Thank you New One!!! It worked! ..and I learned something new!

I really like how he told the elders that they are in a bubble and not able to answer questions directly from the bible. I think that will hunt them more then showing them any scripture. By repeatedly going into the meta level he kept holding a mirrow infrot of them.

Wonder what age those two elders are?

• bucketbot
    bucketbot

@undercover

I'm getting the witch hunt impression too.

When elders start reminding you that you're baptized (as if you could forget), it's their way of reminding you that they can DF you if they get too confused by your questions.

• geevee
    geevee

I am upto the second meeting, third recording... doing my head in, these elders are getting frustrated and he is doing well to not get up and walk.....

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

The elder said, "Jehovah has always worked through channels."

Haha, how many times did Jehovah use a "channel" like some out-of-nowhere prophet to condemn his earlier "channel" like his anointed kings or priests? "Channels" usually are the first to turn "apostate". What can we expect of the "governing body" today?

*** it-2 p. 1052 Synagogue ***
    Among other respects in which the synagogue served as a precursor of the Christian assemblies are the following: The local synagogues recognized the authority of the Sanhedrin at Jerusalem, even as Christian congregations recognized the authority of the governing body at Jerusalem, as Acts chapter 15 so clearly shows. In neither were collections taken, and yet in both provision was made for contributions for the assembly and its ministers and for the poor.—2Co 9:1-5.

The Sanhedrin was "a channel" that killed Jesus after an illegal, secret trial. It accurately foreshadows how the JW "Governing Body" would respond to a true prophet today.

• SirNose586
    SirNose586

I'm glad y'all found Crossquestions's video. I've known this cat for about 17 years; he is the longest running friend that I have, and for a long time, I thought he would never join me on the outside.

About November or December of last year, I got a text out of the blue from him. Once I figured out who was texting me, he dropped the bomb that he was leaving. I had no freaking clue that he would do this! Not long after that, we met up in person, had lunch, caught up on our lives and whatnot. I was just in a world of amazement that he was leaving the org.

Seeing him get this kind of attention is great, and as soon as I get the time (whenever that is!!), I'm going to be making a "best of" video using all these recordings, per his request. I'm not sure if he even knows about this board, so I'll drop him a line and ask if he's signed up here yet.

• geevee
    geevee

Hi SirNose, how good would it be that he jump over to this forum? Looking forward to it, tell him he is a hero!

• SirNose586
    SirNose586

Hahah, well, I did say he has fans on here. So I don't want to be pushy or anything, he'll probably make his way over here eventually. I gave him the link on his FB page. So he could be coming here pretty soon.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit