Is U.S. last world power?

by 2tone 32 Replies latest jw friends

• 2tone
    2tone

I was unaware of something called an Anglo-American empire. I assumed it was something the Watchtower made up.

• Kensei01
    Kensei01

Sic Semper Tyrannis: I enjoyed your comment and could not agree more. Global polarization is coming and it will be multi polar, until one rises from the ashes of a nuclear exchange to rule the roost. Of course that's assuming there would be something worth ruling. One national power rising to challenge the U.S. and its allies for world domination is very unlikely. At best it will be an alliance, however as you pointed out, China has few friends to choose from. Russia and China were not really friends when both were communist; there were over 80 type A divisions on the former Sino Soviet border, and many clashes over the disputed line. I would say they are allied now for convenience; and of course that's good enough. I find your idea about the muslim world intriguing. Certainly the state of flux we observe now in the Middle East with its "arab spring" has brought the idea of new pan arabism to light. The problem with that is; and I'm not making racial slurs here, but referring to centuries of history; that you can put two friendly arabs in a room together but both will not come out. Agreement for common cause does not register culturally and that will be an obstacle. Yet even those things can change.

Again I enjoyed your post and would welcome further discussion. Have a great day.

Kensei

• Vidqun
    Vidqun

As another thread brought out, the US has a $16 trillion debt to work through. China has spare cash worth over $3 trillion (in Foreign Currency Reserves). At the moment they are being feted by the Africans in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia, where the African Union is meeting. The Chinese are there with their Bible, the Cheque Book. In the world today, money is king because money talks.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit