Is U.S. last world power?

by 2tone 32 Replies latest jw friends

• 2tone
    2tone

Unfortunately I was out in service the other day. Just to get my 2-3 hours in for the month. This lady who has invested over 60 years of all her life into the org made a comment. (She had no chance as her parents were the crazy extremist kind) She said isnt it nice to know that the U.S. is the last world power and soon armageddon will be here. I said how is america the last world power? She said thats what they said at the convention. Isn't china a world power at least to some degree. She said no china isnt a world power and if it was they would have mentioned it at the DC. Then I remembered to myself that you cant win with them because they live in there own world. Her husband is a elder. I knew I could crush her world power theory but I thought I better not.

It just baffles me that people are this stupid. Almost everything I touch in a besides myself is just about made in china. I dont know if they makes a world power. China has like 4 times the population as america. They made not have the Navy that we do but they have a significantly bigger army or infantry than us.

• sir82
    sir82
    She said no china isnt a world power and if it was they would have mentioned it at the DC.

China is waiting with baited breath, hoping that soon will arrive the day that a printing corporation based in New York state will grant them permission to assume their role as world power.

Otherwise, all that time and effort spent in developing nuclear weapons will have just been wasted!

Let it go. You can't fix willful stupidity.

• maninthemiddle
    maninthemiddle

She is correct, they did say that at the DC this year. Remember the statue with the iron/clay toes? They claim that is US/Britain alliance, and since it is the last superpower on the statue, there can be none after it.

It is a great way to whip up the masses into a frenzy.

• 2tone
    2tone

Maninthemiddle - thats right i forgot she said they were anglo-american world power. I said in jw talk wtf is the anglo-american world power. She said it was U.S. and Britain. I said I was unaware of them being a world power together. Then I said Britain is by no means a world power. She said it is because of the alliance with U.S. I said ok if Britain is a world power with the U.S. Then britian contributes to like 10% of that world power and the U.S. is like 90%. Then she agreed. She is a dumbass. She has too much invested to disagree with the FDS. I dont even know why i argue with some people about shitake like this.

• james_woods
    james_woods

But didn't they also say the Anglo-American world power was the king of the south, and that Russia/Soviet Union was the king of the north?

And didn't they also say that the king of the north would dominate the king of the south?

(yes - that was before the Soviet Union collapsed about 20 years ago...)

Oh well - yet another little prophetic fumble to sweep under the rug.

• 2tone
    2tone

I asked someone that the other day and who the king of the north is they said Russia. Whod you hear that from. I read it somehwere in watchtower.

• james_woods
    james_woods
    I asked someone that the other day and who the king of the north is they said Russia. Whod you hear that from. I read it somehwere in watchtower.

It was spelled out exactly like that (I think they meant Soviet Union rather than just Russia) back in the 1960s and 1970s. It does not seem to be mentioned much any more in their publications after the Soviet Union fell.

• 2tone
    2tone

I asked my gf(who is fading). If she knew who the king of the north was. She didnt even know what a king of the north or south was. That right there tells the truth that it doesnt matter. They can stop teaching something and a generation later will not know there was something wrong.

• undercover
    undercover

If the US (King of the South)_is the last world power... how is that the King of the North (whoever that may be) will be able to over run the lands of the KotS?

I remember when the USSR was touted as KotN and would over run the KotS and thought, that means Russian troops will land on US soil at some point before Armageddon. Only Olympic athletes and defecting dancers made it though.

• 2tone
    2tone

I bet jws were advised not to watch the Rocky where he went to soviet union and kicked that guys ass. Because that movie would be against bible prophecy in the 1980s at least.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit