Is U.S. last world power?

by 2tone 32 Replies latest jw friends

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

JWS are indoctrinated to absorb anything mother says as solid Truth even if the information is not backed by logical

evaluation. Its a unfortunate shame that people cant see through the WTS. bullshit propaganda set out to support its literature

proliferation. The underlining business model is proclaim your god's special chosen organization to dispel bible Truth then

exploit that proclamation as posturing vehicle to propagate false commercialized doctrines.

The WTS. grew from fear mongering charlatanism, exploiting peoples fears, insecurities and gullible ignorance.

• Vidqun
    Vidqun

I believe she (and the Society) are wrong by following such reasoning. They keep on contradicting themselves. According to the latest Daniel-book (in my book p. 277) they refer to the Cold War, a covert war between the USSR, the King of the North, and the King of the South, the Anglo-American Empire. The Cold War started in 1948 and ended with the unification of Germany in 1990 (Dan. 11:40).

Interestingly, the next verse predicts the invasion of the land of the Decoration by the King of the North. Land of the Decoration they apply to their spiritual paradise (Dan. 11:41). So this King of the North is going to attack them. Contrary to expectation, the Communist King of the North has not disappeared. According to Daniel's prophecy, he is alive and well. Of this King of the North it is said "he will actually rule over the hidden treasures of the land of Egypt" (Dan. 11:43). Egypt in the Bible can refer to the world of mankind (cf. Rev. 11:8).

At its feet it will have Libyans (the Arabs) and the Cushites (black African nations). So this King of the North will make inroads in the world, gaining control over the world's commodities, especially oil. This world power will hold sway until its end (Dan 11:45). Even if interpretations may differ, this world power is not the King of the South, the Anglo-American world power. Personally, I view China/Russia as a likely candidate.

• 2tone
    2tone

Vidqun - You might have a little LARS in you. Just a little.

• Vidqun
    Vidqun

Well, you brought up China. I took the bait. You will have to admit, the Chinese are doing extremely well. Bottom line though, the King of the North will hold sway, not the King of the South. At the end there the King of the South is not mentioned at all.

• sir82
    sir82
    I view China/Russia as a likely candidate.

China and Russia are going to merge?

Does Putin know about this?

• JeffT
    JeffT

Evidently, when Daniel saw a statue with feet made of iron and clay mixed together, what he saw foretold a final set of overlapping world powers which started as Britain and the United States and will end as China and India. Or maybe somebody else, we have to wait until world events prove the Bible right.

There I fixed it for everybody.

• Vidqun
    Vidqun

Sir82, did the UK and USA (=Anglo-American power) merge? Both China and Russia come out of the Communist fold, both are nuclear powers. If you follow the news, you will know that China/Russia and their allies (BRICS) vote in a unified way in the UN Security Council, and they have close economic ties as BRICS. In a monetary way, they oppose the Dollar. Less well known fact, Russia and China do military exercises together. You only do that with closest friends. Remember also, it's going to be an economic war, and not a conventional one. Who do you think is going to win?

• sinis
    sinis

How about instead of looking at a physical power, it lesser terms such as religion? Christanity vs Islam? Not that I believe any of the KoTx crap anyways...

• shepherd
    shepherd

The Org manipulates what constitutes a world power. Most of the powers they list were never 'world powers' and they conveniently ignore larger ones like the Chinese Empire which used to wield considerable influence. They do this by saying the only powers that matter are the ones that directly affect 'god's people'. So, even if modern China continues to rise and eventually even overtake the USA as a world power they will ignore it because there are few Witlesses there.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

The Book of Daniel written, possibly by more than one person, in the 2nd century B.C deals with the political powers down till that day, it is not prophetic, it is dealing with history.

It contains some errors even then, the writer (s) confuse Nabonidus with Nebuchadnezzar and say that King Neb went loopy for for seven years, when it was actually King Nab, and there are other errors, hardly a reliable book in any way, and certainly has no bearing upon the 21st Century.

It is simply an archaeological artifact of its time, as is the rest of the Bible.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit