JW Children in Meetings

by blue_summmer20 32 Replies latest jw experiences

• blue_summmer20
    blue_summmer20

Hi my first post.
    For the people that grew up in the religon, do you have any memory of being spanked for not sitting still in the meeting? I see kids acting like kids but the parents take them out and spank them for something like not sitting still. Some of my worst memories are my father taking me out for a beating with a belt or his hand. There are people that think it is funny to see kids being taken out. I was terrified as a child. Are the elders ok with this? Are they aware?

• 2tone
    2tone

This is the least of there worries. They got to worry about sexual abuse of children who cares about physcial abuse or emotional. Let alone the apostate problem which apparently according to brother waldo an apostate is worse than a pedophile

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

Child abuse is sanctioned by Jehovah. Gotta make those kids listen, don't forget its means their life!

Seriously, I'm sorry you were abused as a child simply because you couldn't sit still for two hours at a time. It happened just the same to me. I learned real quick though, sitting was better than getting beat, so I don't really remember but one time my dad hurt me physically at the meeting.

I hope things have moderated a bit, I think a lot depends on how conservative a congo is as to whether beatings and spankings still happen.

Welcome to the forum

• Knowsnothing
    Knowsnothing

I think spanking is ok as long as it isn't taken to an extreme. How else do you discipline a child? Talking doesn't always do it, especially not to a stubborn kid.

I was brought up with the belt, hand, and slipper. I learned that my mother's threats were not in vain and that she meant business.

• cantleave
    cantleave

Yep

• Sic Semper Tyrannis
    Sic Semper Tyrannis

I was so scared of my father that I knew better than to misbehave at the meetings or assemblies. I heard an awful lot of other kids being hit after acting up. Kids aren't meant to sit and be quiet and still for 2 hours. They trained us pretty well though. To this day I can sit through just about anything and keep a straight face.

• finally awake
    finally awake

In my old hall, one little boy would scream "Please don't spank me Daddy" as his father would haul him outside. I have no idea whether that child was just being dramatic or if his father really beat him.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

I just remember sitting in the back doing sound, and about 45 minutes inot the meeting, my buddy would look over and say, "The beatings have now begun."

• 2tone
    2tone

Ricky bobby, thats great "The beatings have now begun." thats like calllin the perfect people in the kingdom hall the "super friends" lmao

• ziddina
    ziddina

The elders may be "ok" with this, but I sure as hell am not!!! !!!!

I was subjected to beatings; was hit, kicked, slapped, insulted, and belittled by my parents, to intimidate and bully me into the cult...

It backfired on them... [hee heee hee hee heee!! - evil She-Devil laugh...]

I left when I was around 30 years old - well, WANTED to leave when I was 9, but was finally in a financial position to actually LEAVE when I was an adult.

The most freeing information that I received, was when the American psychology industry began publicising the [at the time] new information on what constituted "child abuse".

I wonder whether sharing some of those 1980's and 1990's so-called "self-help" books with the pre-teens and teenagers in the hall, might help to wake THEM up, too....??? [One of the best I've ever read, was "Toxic Parents"....]

Zid

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit