JW Children in Meetings

by blue_summmer20 32 Replies latest jw experiences

• I Want to Believe
    I Want to Believe

One thing that contributed to my wanting to stay away from meetings at first is my being a new father. My son, of course, could not sit still for more than 45 minutes at most. But I am very much against spanking; my wife tried to spank him one time at home for being particularly bad, but it made both of us physically ill--never again. So she would spend most of the meetings in the back trying to sooth him.

One father at the Hall has no such problem and regularlly takes his 3-year-old girl out back... I've never been at a meeting without having to see to her red-eyed from crying, but sitting still. I want to take that "brother" out back...

• d
    d

The disclipline ensures that the child will be successfully indocrinated with the Jw nonsense.

• flipper
    flipper

BLUE_SUMMER 20- Welcome to the board. I used to see children taken out all the time and spanked when I was a JW. I was one of those children who got spanked by my elder dad in the 1960's. I consider it totally abusive, and I've heard at times neighbors comment on seeing parents spanking their children in the parking lots at Kingdom halls. It's really ridiculous. But the WT society has a bad problem with child abuse as well - so they minimize spanking children and the effects it has on them. Do the elders know ? Of course they do. They are the ones mainly abusing children as well as women ! Nice to have you join here. Peace out, mr. Flipper

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit