CRISIS OF CONSCIENCE

by jojojunfan 39 Replies latest jw friends

• jojojunfan
    jojojunfan

Can someone please help me. I need to speak to anyone who is a mature Christian. Someone who has maintained their Faith in Jehovah and in Christ Jesus. I have felt that many things I have been taught are inconsistent for some time. At 37 years of age I have been finally making efforts to really read Gods word. In fact, the only thing I read is Gods word. I am not a Ministerial Servant and I have been told by a new Elder in my congregation that I must put in 10 hrs every month for a year ( not average time ) before being considered. He does not feel this is scriptural, time will tell if any changes are made. I am not on this site because I am a proud, arrogant person. The MS thing was just a catalyst for me since there are people that I truly care about that are being hurt by this unscriptural " guideline ". I love my creator and am in tears at this writing. I feel that I am simply using my God given power of reason, and this is what has allowed me for some time to see many inconsistencies. I am by no means without personal faults, many stemming from my childhood, so please do not view this writing as complaining about not being appointed. The truth is that this issue has caused so much anxiety for me that I have often reverted back to behaviors that have kept me from being appointed and I have often contemplated suicide but have not diclosed this to anyone. This issue is also an underlying issue in causing stress between my wife and I. She does not understand why time after time I am not used as a Servant, although I am told that I am a valuable member in the congregation, and I am used to help out extensively.

I have also felt for some time that I am of the Annointed. I do not pretend to have all the answers regarding who will be on the earth after the War of the Great Day of God the Almighty. I do feel strongly that ONLY JEHOVAH and JESUS have the right to judge anyone. I dont think I ever believed half of what I heard, and I am beginning to feel grateful that I did " keep up " with the SOCIETIES publications. I am at an impass, afraid to speak to YOU, afraid to speak to my wife, my mother, my friends, my sister, my disfellowshipped brother and my Father who has recently been studying. I would just like to hear from someone who loves Jehovah and Jesus and know what i am experiencing. I am currently reading " In Search of Christian Freedom ". I wish I had someone like Brother Franz to talk to.

Your Brother

• ABibleStudent
    ABibleStudent

Welcome (((((jojojunfan))))). I like your thread's title. How about reading Raymond Franz's books (i.e., "Crisis of Conscience" and "In Search of Christian Freedom") for insight? Also, keep on posting about your feelings. No one on this site will shun you as long as you treat everyone with respect and write about your feelings and do not recite WTBTS slogans and platitudes.

Here is a video of Raymond Franz that you can view.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6c6I0fjiYNU

Peace be with you and everyone, who you love,

Robert

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

What is the "issue"?

• just Ron
    just Ron

I am new here to and working on the same problems. I also sent you a pm on some of my thoughts feal free to write back any time. welcome and hope you start to find the answers you are looking for.

• tornapart
    tornapart

Jojojunfan.. have you visited jwstruggle.com? It's a very good website to go to for someone in your situation. You can contact the brother who runs the site. He used to be an elder and had his own crisis of conscience. Many on the site are still 'in' but having a struggle like you.

I too read Ray Franz's books that you are reading and many others have too. You are not alone!!

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

I feel that I am simply using my God given power of reason, and this is what has allowed me for some time to see many inconsistencies.

Yep, thinkers aren't allowed anymore in the Kingdom halls. Keep quiet about your thoughts with those on the inside or you may quickly find yourself railroaded right on out of the org. Have you been over to jwstruggle.com? I think a few of the people that run that site may have feelings similar to you.

• baltar447
    baltar447

Welcome!

Can I ask you what your motivation for being appointed is?

• Londo111
    Londo111

jojojunfan: I sent you a message. Click on the envelope in upper right corner.

:)

• tornapart
    tornapart

I've sent you a message. Just click on the little blue envelope at the top right. You might have to do it twice. :)

• jojojunfan
    jojojunfan

I hope I am doing this correctly. First of all, Thank you so much for responding, all of you. I am sure it will take me some time to properly navigate this site as I am not very tech-savvy. The " issue" is the never ending cycle of guilt when every six months the C.O comes around and I feel horrible about myself. I know I should not because serving GOD is not a competition. I just re-live many unpleasant memories, and feel guilty for not being good enough. Right or Wrong that is how I feel. There are many other families hurt by this 10 hr rule. By the way this " guideline was announced at a Meeting to encourage Brothers to reach out. If you love GOD and you do your best, doesnt that make you exemplary? I feel silly for feeling depressed about this, I honestly though that i had quit caring about this whole issue. I think my indignation stems from the fact that it is unscriptural and that it is truly hurting others that I care about. I know that I fall short of GODS requirements at times, but does an hourly quota of preaching really determine a persons spirituality? I dont believe that it does. I am thinking of declining any appointment offered to me, " IF " it happens, that is how strongly I feel about this matter. I am just praying that I will have a thorough knowledge of the subject if I am summoned to a Elders meeting. I am also soooo tired of all the SECRETS!!! Secret meetings, secret books ect.. By the way, the C. O visit in in March. Thanks for listening.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit