CRISIS OF CONSCIENCE

by jojojunfan 39 Replies latest jw friends

• ABibleStudent
    ABibleStudent
    jojojunfan - 1) Love the lowly ones in my congregation 2) do my best 3) be a real friend, and the most important, Obey GOD as ruler, rather than men.

Hi jojojunfan, you have made good choices! You should consider going into stealth mode to save your family until your wife and family loves you more than a cult. I wish the best for you.

Peace be with you and everyone, who you love,

Robert

• irondork
    irondork

Jojojunfan, "welcome to the ark." I heard that in a baptismal talk a few years back. Makes more sense here. I think your attitude is great:

1) Love the lowly ones in my congregation 2) do my best 3) be a real friend, and the most important, Obey GOD as ruler, rather than men.

Being confused, not having all the answers is not a bad thing. It's part of the process. Enjoy it!

Congratulations on your stated determination to maintain your Christian identity.

• kimbo
    kimbo

The governing body is the evil slave

• jojojunfan
    jojojunfan

diamondiiz

You have made some good points. I Just spent some time with an Elders family last night and they are great people. I could not help but wonder what they would do if I voiced some of my feelings. He is new to the congregation and realizes that there are other Elders enforcing rules, but he is only 1 Elder out of 6. He went to college and has seen much of the real world, so he is more reasonable than most in his thinking. If it came down to Doctrine, I dont know....

I think that I have to be shrewd and lay low and educate myself and hold my tongue. Then again, I could take it to them so to speak. Honestly, wether or not I have an appointed position in the congregation is of no importance at this point. If I did my homework and wrote a letter to the Elders in a respectful manner, wouldnt their reaction give me alot of insight into thier hearts? Or is the fact that " rules " are made enough info already? I love to think that if presented with facts people will change, but we all know that is not always the case.

I think what bothers me the most is all the secrets, secret books, secret meetings, the thing that no rank and file ever knew were being discussed. Also, I have never seen 1 article saying, " We were wrong and we are sorry.". Or , " The guys before us were wrong and even though we didnt make those decicions we are apologizing for them, and it wont happen again on our watch.". How about re-instating people that were Df'd for no good reason? I have alot to think about. It sounds like many of you have been where i am standing. Thanks for the support.

• notjustyet
    notjustyet

You do need to keep these thoughts under your hat.

Another good read is "Captives of a Concept" by Don Cameron. This book will explain all you need to know about the authority of the WTBTS

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Evidently the Elders meeting discussed the national average.

Where is the "national average" published now?

It used to be in the monthly branch report in the KM. Not anymore. I figured that is because it is DECLINING.

Is it delusional to think that I am going to get things to change that no one before has been able to change?

Yes.

Look at my "ID" -- I should llike it to be "GivenUpOnAnyChange"

DOC

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

Welcome. I hope you find hope and comfort as you continue in your search for truth. It is good that you are reading In Search of Christian Freedom but you would also be well served by reading Crisis of Conscience as soon as possible, too.

As one who has been where you are, I would encourage you not to say ANYthing about your questions or doubts. Voice them here, where you will be welcome and get them off your chest safely.

Stick with the quest for freedom of mind and REAL accurate knowledge and you will be fine.

• RayPublisher
    RayPublisher

Sometimes I really love watching this forum- and ones like this can really encourage us all.

• jojojunfan
    jojojunfan

Thanks for all the advice, and for listening. Being able to speak freely is sooo good! I have always thought that of all the people i know of Jws have the greatest chance of going crazy. I am starting to really understand why. Its funny, in the last few months, I have been really praying that I wont be asked to be a servant until the time is right because I dont want to be a hypocrite. Makes you wonder.... Also, I read C.O.C first and I am well into " in search of christian freedom", I have not read anything else...yet.

• shepherd
    shepherd

"In the Organization you will never really feel good about yourself. If you become a ministerial servant you will be made to feel guilty because you aren't doing enough, because you aren't an elder, because you aren't spending enough time with your family, because you aren't going in feild service enough, etc."

So true. Do not think that if you were ever accepted as an MS the pressure would ease off. Sisters feel the same pressure too for different reasons such as their hours, how they look, the 'rank' their husband holds etc.

The truth is Jesus said his load was light, and the Org. load is about as heavy as it gets - and that should tell you something.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit