Has anyone here done a long distance hike?

by moshe 34 Replies latest jw friends

• Open mind
    Open mind

Found it:

"Let me recommend the best medicine in the world: a long journey, at a mild season, through a pleasant country, in easy stages." -James Madison

Best wishes on your journeys.

om

• talesin
    talesin

I am partial to West Virginia, it's sooo beautiful! You could always visit Nova Scotia,, it's where the Appalachians end. :D I did some hiking in Cape Breton when I was younger.

Good advice from JeffT!

But, here's a link to some trails in WV.

http://www.backpacker.com/destinations/category/184

t

• moshe
    moshe

Thanks for the links/tips everyone

• jws
    jws

Just talked to a fellow member of my running club and one of his ambitions is to do a trail that starts in Florida and ends up in Canada and takes something like 6 months. I was just in awe listening. Sounded a bit like Lord of the Rings, all that walking in the woods. He's probably in his early 30's and has the build of a marathoner.

There was beer involved, so I don't recall the details. I *think* he said he did something like that before. I can put you in touch with him if you PM me or I can be a go-between.

• troubled mind
    troubled mind

We were in Moab ,Utah last summer ....the noon time sun is a killer . We waited until evening to hike .

Every summer we visit our kids in Colorado ,they live near Estes Park, and Rocky Mountain National park . Beautiful trails there ,the altitude changes take some getting use to though. This year I want to go back to a Forestry road we found that goes to the top of a mountain with great crystals along the trail . I collect fossils and rocks along every trail I go .....so I usually don't go very far because I am always looking down ,and have a very heavy backpack on the way down !

Carry lots of water out west !

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit