Do You Consider Yourself Religious? Do You Believe In God? Are You Spiritual?

by minimus 36 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

I do not consider myself religious in any way. I do believe in "God" and I think I am a spiritual person to some degree.

What about you?

• cofty
    cofty

Not religious at all and don't believe even a little bit in anything supernatural.

I'm in awe of the grandeur of life the universe and everything but wouldn't use the word spiritual becasue of its connotations.

• lohengren
    lohengren

No, no, and maybe.

Spiritual is such a nebulous term I guess in some ways it would apply to me. But it's not something I think about regularly.

• minimus
    minimus

I think more of these things lately.

• Reopened Mind
    Reopened Mind

I do not consider myself religious, but I do believe in the HUMAN SPIRIT, ie., I think that it is HUMANS that accomplish whatever gets done. When I give thanks it is to the person who does something for me, not a mythical supernatural being. In that sense, then, I consider myself spiritual.

Reopened Mind

• tec
    tec

No, yes, and yes.

Peace,

Tammy

• xchange
    xchange

No and No. As to spiritual - what the heck does that even mean?

It seems to me that one person's(x) spirituality to another person(Y) may seem like bunk, even as they consider themself(Y) as being spiritual.

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

I am no religious. I do not believe in god. But I would consider myself "spiritual," not in the sense I believe in anything supernatural, but because I look below the surface. I also think you can have a "spiritual" experience, but it is all brain stuff.

• N.drew
    N.drew

Religion defined:

A set of beliefs concerning the cause, nature and purpose of the universe especially when considered as the creation of a super human agency usually involving devotional and ritual observances, and often containing a moral code of human affairs.

Belief in God defined:

Has anyone ever defined what that means?

Does it mean I believe The God and/or gods exist?

Or does it mean I believe existing gods can be trusted?

What does "in" as in belief "in" god mean?

In other words if I could get IN God, would I believe?

If I was in God I think I would not believe in myself. But I believe in myself, so can I also say I believe in God? I think I can say I believe of God.

I am spiritual but I also realize that I can not know myself that I am spiritual compared to The Spirit.

I am partially religious, but I do not have a group. I trust that God The Father who is Love exists. I am more spiritual than fleshly.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

I do consider myself slightly religious. I still go to a few meetings.

I do believe in "God" -

I think I am a spiritual person to some degree as defined by me and most people.

The WTBTS WOULD NOT think I am a spiritual person as I am cmmunicating on this board with all you " spiritually diseased -nasty apostate" people.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit