Do You Consider Yourself Religious? Do You Believe In God? Are You Spiritual?

by minimus 36 Replies latest jw friends

• lilbluekitty
    lilbluekitty

I'm a Christian now, so I would say I'm spiritual and believe in God. As far as being religious, no clue.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

I am exactly as our dear friend Cofty, ( see his post above ) I wonder though, Min, what you are thinking about more lately, and what you mean by spiritual ?

• justmom
    justmom

NO/ YES/ YES.... Why wouldn't I still beieve in Jah? Why blame him? It wasn't His fault I allowed myself to be continually misled until I was 35. I chose to gulp down that kool-aid until one day he saw how much or how far I would go with it and said like "Saul"

its time to wake-up and see the real "Truth." I don't understand why people lose faith in him and the son alltogether because of a life in the WTBS. (trust me I know what happens to you) but now that we have been allowed to be freed from it, whatever our

experience has been, USE IT to grow in your faith and truly learn to trust NOONE but him, let holy spirit finally lead you and not a organization of man. And help others to be freed without being soooo bitter unless of course on occasation when we are really down venting a little.

But not to discourage the new babies, the new generation that questions authority and has the right to unlike we did in growing up!

Just trying to see the proper perspective on what the asdversary exactly wants for us and in using that organization to create a generation of God haters~!!!! Its working with a lot of folks.

justathought

justmom

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I simply quit religion. I believe that God is an Almighty Lowlife Scumbag that cares nothing except to initiate suffering in the human race, stifling all my attempts to better myself (and will probably be pxxxed when the negative energy that results causes the whole world to be enslaved to someone that will push Jehovah out of the picture (like the Rothschilds, who demand exclusive devotion in direct competition to Jehovah).) As for Satan, he tried to free mankind only to be pushed out of the way. Jesus tried freeing mankind, just like Satan--Jesus paid with his life, and Jehovah corrupted Jesus' actual message to prevent it from actually freeing mankind from Jehovah.

• N.drew
    N.drew

Justmom, that "just a thought" is very good.

I can see "atheistic" China taking over world. Then the atheists wil have something to think about. If I was god I would let China have it. But the God I know has PATIENCE. But there might be an end to patience and then the atheists will wish there was no god. Hahha!

• TimeBandit
    TimeBandit

Nope. Nope. Nope.

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

No and No and No

I look at religion with a analytical mindset as I do all things including science

If ones spirituality is derived from religious teachings alone than that person has created their own wrongful self delusions.

• jay88
    jay88

I have no idea what being religious, having a belief in god, and being spiritual, mean. To answer the question:

I don't know

I don't know

I don't know

• N.drew
    N.drew

Dear jay88

I think "being religious" for some people mean settling for an existing set of opinions about life, it's purpose and it's rules to follow.

To me it means finding your own philisophical outlook on life and sticking to it even when it's difficult. It means not being easily swayed.

Belief in God in my humble opinion means to trust that the ONE who knows the beginning and the (possible) end will direct you in the right way to go.

Spiritual means putting spiritual things like love, hope, peace, goodness, gladness, ect ahead of the desires of the flesh. The most powerful desire that many have is for something not happening (their own death). But Christ taught that he who loves his own flesh more than Him is not "worthy" of him. It means how can he be led if he is concerned with self? So even a man who is trying to put off sin thus imagines himself spiritual, might be fleshly because he is doing it for himself.

• jay88
    jay88

N.Drew: So even a man who is trying to put off sin thus imagines himself spiritual, might be fleshly because he is doing it for himself.

To bring in JC and belief, is to evoke a slippery slope of complexity,...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit