Phone witnessing??

by OneDayillBeFree 15 Replies latest jw experiences

• OneDayillBeFree
    OneDayillBeFree

Did any of you ever take it seriously??

I mean really? Like c'mon!

Its just praised Religous telemarketing!

Ive been doing it this whole morning and the only thing I've done to make it go quicker was to memorize a disconnected number.

Its been working extremely well...

But did any of you that ever did it feel strange like you were selling something?! Like you were in a call center?

• OneDayillBeFree
    OneDayillBeFree

Oh and did anyone ever actually listen? Did you ever bring someone in by making a call?

Cause I've never heard a brother start off his "how he came into the truth story" with, "well just as I was about to blow my brains out, I heard my phone ringing and..."

Ugh, what a sad waste of time!

• lohengren
    lohengren

I was always uneasy with tele-witnessing. It was quite a departure from what I was used to and felt really disingenuous. Plus it felt weird having the whole service group watching you as do it.

I used to envision a future where all witnessing would be done in call center style. That way the elders could keep a close eye on everyone's production and "encourage" those you aren't making their quota.

• cantleave
    cantleave

Never did it - always thought the whole idea was stupid.

• pontoon
    pontoon

Just a few things I'm proud of from my 40+ yrs in the "truth." I NEVER phone witnessed. I NEVER pioneered, temporary, vacation, pioneered for a month, or anything else, NEVER traveled outside my own congregation to give a public talk. Just wouldn't do it. Period.

• designs
    designs

Using an intercom at an apartment building was the most 'phone witnessing' I could ever stomach.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

We have never practised this in the same way over here...

Individuals who are "shut-in" have occasionally been encouraged in the K M to do it for persistent Not/Homes ( from their own home and on their own phone bill) , but the idea of a whole group of dubs gathered around watching one of them make calls is just surreal.

BTW there is so much animosity in the U K to phone selling that I do not think that it would have any results

• aquagirl
    aquagirl

My sister and her daughgter claimed "time' for the time they spent w/my mum the hospital.They were like almost up to vacation pioneer status when I kicked their skanky asses out of our lives forever.

• Medina
    Medina

Leave witnessing to call centers.

• Alfred
    Alfred

I've heard of it, but never knew anyone who actually did any "phone witnessing"... I think the whole idea was to reduce or eliminate free time if a JW became chronically sick or injured... also, they could squeeze out some phone-witnessing "experiences" for assemblies to "guilt" the rank-and-file and hopefully reduce the number of "irregulars" and "inactives".... like every other stupid idea from Brooklyn, it's all about control, numbers and money...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit