This Made Me So Thankful I am No Longer A Christian

by cofty 126 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• N.drew
    N.drew

I do like that one rebel18! Goes both ways don't it? No? Hahaha! I'm going to write it down.

And if "discussion" is no good without evidence, then why discuss at all? Let the evidence speak.

• myelaine
    myelaine

dear Tammy...

you said: "On the earth, or from the earth (dust)? Is there a distinction there? Could mean something. But in any case, he was created from the dust and then brought into the garden. So he could traverse both at that time... then became confined only to one when he was cast out"...

the genesis account does reflect the notion that God created man ON earth of the dust of the earth. you would have to INJECT a distinction into the account in order to confirm your dogma. you say he could traverse "both" at that time; like you're biased toward the idea that two DIFFERENT "realms" are eluded to. So, what do you mean when you say, "in any case"?...

love michelle

• tec
    tec

I don't have any dogma, Michelle. Just thinking out loud. In either case (meaning regardless of either meaning or interpretation), there are two different 'places' in the account - both of which Adam could be in; until he was barred from one. He came from one, lived in another, and was cast out of the one, unable to return.

Inside the garden, and outside the garden. Be those things realms, or something that reflects a state of being, or dimensions, or literal physical places, or who knows what else we can't yet conceive of.

That is what I mean by 'in any case'. I'm pretty fluid on interpretation, unless I am given understanding one way or the other (and recognized that). No dogma.

Peace,

Tammy

• myelaine
    myelaine

dear Tammy...

ok then...when reading the NT for further truth it appears that our "soul/being" can walk around whether it is a physical body or a spirit body...(Jesus, man, angels, demons)...and our spirit within our "soul" can be alive toward God or dead toward God...all this happens in this earthly "realm", even those who are made alive in the spirit are made alive toward God in the earthly "realm". love michelle

• tec
    tec

I don't understand this 'spirit' 'soul' 'body' as three distinct things. There is the spirit (who we are inside), and the flesh (our physical body). Two things. The soul is used to describe the physical thing, and sometimes in the NT, it is used to describe the spirit. But it is not a third thing. I don't know where people came up with there being three things. So I can't really get a sense of what you're saying, Michelle, sorry. Because it does not make sense to me.

Peace,

Tammy

• myelaine
    myelaine

dear Tammy...

the spirit resides within the soul/body...they aren't three distinct "things"...

the soul/body can be either physical or spiritual as evidenced by Jesus in His pre and post resurrection "being"...He is the soul/body named Jesus.(1 vessel)

the spirit can be either alive toward God or dead toward God while existing within this (physical or spiritual) soul/body.(1 spirit)

it is because of the "union" with our soul/body with the ONE Spirit of God (Father, Son and Holy Spirit) that the intellect of our soul (spirit) becomes alive toward God (colossians 2:11-13)

love michelle

• steve2
    steve2

N.drew you're right: You are not the one who will answer my question. I appreciate you being so upfront with me. having said that, I do like your quirky sense of humor which shows that you do not take yourself so seriously that an exchange is impossible.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit