So- Now that it's down to 4 teams- Who's your pick to win the Super Bowl ?

by flipper 118 Replies latest jw friends

• flipper
    flipper

Actually I'm happily surprised and elated that my San Francisco 49ers are still alive ! What a game for the ages, Jesus. And I must send my condolences to all of you Pittsburgh , New Orleans, and Green Bay fans out there. I know there are a hell of a lot of you - and I truly ( not joking ) send you my sympathies. You've picked some great teams to root for and I know how dissapointment feels , believe me- I'm a S.F. 49ers fan. I've suffered since 2002 when these guys were last IN the playoffs.

So- that being said - here's my pick for the upcoming AFC & NFC playoffs.

AFC New England 28 Baltimore 17

NFC San Francisco 28 New York 21

In the Super Bowl :

San Francisco 35 New England 31

So ? What are your picks for the AFC, NFC, and Super Bowl games ? Look forward to hearing from you ! Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Advertisers would hate a NEW ENGLAND/ NEW YORK Superbowl. An East/West game would be better for national ratings.

I am not a conspiracy theorist, but it makes me wonder if the officials will call things to give a break to SF.

Any given gameday, anyone with enough drive and lucky breaks can win, but I would love to see Baltimore and New York in it.

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

I would love a NY/NE showdown. With NY winning, of course.

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

And if it comes down to NE/SF, I don't think SF has what it takes to pull it off.

• No Room For George
    No Room For George

First off, Jehovah/Allah/Yahweh/The Trinity/Whoever and Whatever entity bless Tom Brady and the Pats for quieting the religious fans of Tebow. I like Tebow too, don't get me wrong, but the whole praying thing turns me off. Mofos starving and getting shot over petty situations, and yet Tebow and the other religious jackasses think God is listening to their prayers over a game? I have to say that's another thumbs up I have to give to the WT for illustrating the stupidity of such thinking. Every now and then even they get something right.

I'm picking the Pats over the Ravens. 28-17 is a pretty reasonable prediction Flip.

The Giants/49ers game is more nuanced though. That's a tough one considering both of their defenses. They both put four on the line and have confidence in their secondary and backers. To be honest with you I can't pick one or the other on that one.

Advertisers would hate a NEW ENGLAND/ NEW YORK Superbowl. An East/West game would be better for national ratings.

That may be true, but I think the plot of revenge would be enticing just as well. I love Tom Brady, and him being the competative dude that he is, I know he's salivating for a little payback. I am too, I almost cried when Burris scored that last TD.

• keyser soze
    keyser soze

I'll let you know when I'm over the pain of the Packers losing, and can think more clearly.

• flipper
    flipper

OTWO- I think the advertisers WOULD like a cross continental Super Bowl- which of course would be just fine and dandy to me as I'm a die-hard S.F. fan.

ENTIRELY POSSIBLE - It may be entirely possible that SF may not have what it takes to beat New England and Tom Brady. But reflect for a moment- people said Alex Smith and the 49ers wouldn't beat Drew Brees and New Orleans either ! In fact, I WAS one of those people - even though I'm a 49er fan. But this win over New Orleans made me a believer in Alex Smith's ability to lead this team even in dire straits type of circumstances. Believe me- Mr. Tom Brady won't run over the 49ers like he did the Denver Broncos as the 49ers have the leagues top rated defense. If the front offensive line doesn't protect Brady from the likes of Justin Smith and Alden Smith - Brady would be in for a rough afternoon, believe me. Hell- Justin Smith sacked Drew Brees just by pushing an offensive New Orleans lineman 5 whole yards into Brees then reaching around the lineman and sacking Brees. I just have a feeling this may be the 49ers year.

NO ROOM FOR GEORGE- I agree with you George- I was getting tired of the " praise Jesus " act by Tim Tebow. It's like, Jesus, keep that stuff private Tebow. I agree with you Tom Brady is extremely competitive and he's out for blood . But so is Alex Smith. He's been maligned for so many years and I believe in our coach Jim Harbaugh - we have the next guy who SHOULD run for president of the United States. If he can do what he has with Alex Smith and the 49ers - he couldn't do any worse than the current crop of Republicans and Democrats running for president ! LOL ! I really believe this might be the 49ers year

• flipper
    flipper

KEYSER SOZE- Dude, you know you have my sympathy. Been there, experienced that myself. The Pack will be back though. They are just too good . A team like that will be around for a long time having success. Hang in there

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

don't get me wrong, flipper, I am no pats fan. in fact, I only want to see a pats/giants match up to see the pats lose right as victory is within their grasp.

and while I don't think they have what it takes, the 49'ers may well have what it takes. I like both the 49ers and giants, that would be a great game to watch.

I just want to see the pats lose more than the 49ers win in the big game.

• flipper
    flipper

ENTIRELY POSSIBLE- I hear you. Man, if the Patriots and 49ers DO get to the Super Bowl I'll have to root against my father in law who is a die hard New England fan. He was raised in Boston and has lived out here in Northern California for years. So the planets may be about to collide ! LOL ! Peace out, Mr. Flipper

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit