I don't believe the Bible is Inspired of god - Why do you / don't you?

by cantleave 202 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Ucantnome
    Ucantnome

Phizzy

If you do that we say "we decline to give any of your opinions respect" they do not deserve it.

I really don't care Phizzy what you do or think.

A little while back there was an article in the Watchtower and due to certain words used it was taken to the police I understood.

I feel one needs to be careful when talking of other people's faith when they (me) have little knowledge of it due to the laws in this country. If Phizzy you feel differently ok

I also feel that the subject is not proveable however I believe the bible to be inspired.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

I think you should be careful about talking about any subject if you have little knowledge of it. other's faith or whatever.

You believe the Bible to be inspired you say, O.K then I ask WHY? Just having a belief with nothing to back it up is verging on the idiotic.

And, if you do not feel that the faith of other religions is as valid as yours, you must have reasons for that position, if you feel as I do, that their faith is just as valid as yours, then say so, what is the problem ?

• transhuman68
    transhuman68

The problem is that the Bible underpins a lot of our actions and beliefs, in the West. Whether you believe it is inspired or not will change the way you view the world, and the people in it, and your own life. IMO it is possible to know whether the Bible is the Word of God, or not- but it can be disappointing to realize there is nothing sacred, or holy about a book.

• tec
    tec

See, despite my contribution to this thread, I do not believe the bible is the Word of God. That role belongs to Christ. We have writings from people about the Word of God, though, as well as about God, and the history of His people. That they are not infallible does not make them invalid.

Peace,

Tammy

• Ucantnome
    Ucantnome

And, if you do not feel that the faith of other religions is as valid as yours, you must have reasons for that position, if you feel as I do, that their faith is just as valid as yours, then say so, what is the problem ?

I feel explaining the validity of someone else's faith or the reason's I may or may not view their faith as valid is something I do not feel comfortable doing.

Phizzy there are other things that do not permit me to comment further and although you or others may see it as a cop-out that is how it will have to be.

• tec
    tec

I feel explaining the validity of someone else's faith or the reason's I may or may not view their faith as valid is something I do not feel comfortable doing.

Of course you don't feel comfortable doing it. It is between them and God (or them and their god). We are to keep an eye on ourselves, give witness to our faith.

The only time I can see to speak out is when someone is attacking the One whom I have placed my faith within, or attacking others who share my faith, or when someone uses their faith to do evil and cause harm.

Other than that, a Hindu might be more peaceful and 'brotherly' than a 'christian' and therefore, be more known BY Christ, than that self-professed christian. (insert any faith in there, even atheism... people can be known by their deeds, not always by what they profess to believe in.)

Our place is not to judge.

Peace,

Tammy

• tec
    tec

Of course you don't feel comfortable doing it. It is between them and God (or them and their god). We are to keep an eye on ourselves, give witness to our faith.

The only time I can see to speak out is when someone is attacking the One whom I have placed my faith within, or attacking others who share my faith, or when someone uses their faith to do evil and cause harm.

Other than that, a Hindu might be more peaceful and 'brotherly' than a 'christian' and therefore, be more known BY Christ, than that self-professed christian. (insert any faith in there, even atheism... people can be known by their deeds, not always by what they profess to believe in.)

Our place is not to judge.

Peace,

Tammy

• tec
    tec

woops

• dog is god
    dog is god

I just got a copy of the Jefferson Bible. Thomas Jefferson cut out all the things ascribed to Jesus and put them together. What Jesus taught was a far cry from the first great hijacker the Apostle Paul. But then again, no proof that Jesus really said this. I think he did live as Josephus refers to him but why the Romans did not record his trial and execution I have no idea.

• Ucantnome
    Ucantnome

Phizzy there are other things that do not permit me to comment further and although you or others may see it as a cop-out that is how it will have to be.

I feel a need to clarify this statement.

When I posted this statement (Post 104)

"I said this. This is what i meant. I have hope based on faith. Strong faith. Faith is a fruitage of the spirit. The evidence in my life. I have this because I believe in Christ who is God's means of saving us. God's eternal purpose, his divine plan of the ages. I first learnt of this plan from the Bible hence it is inspired."

It was the early hours of the morning. I hadn't slept. What I posted churns over and over in my head and I had a need to post this explanation to my previous post.

For some years I had bad anxiety attacks. Often they started in the night. Very dark thoughts. I learnt to stop them. I could feel them coming. It was like waiting on the underground station and the breeze of the approaching train lets you know it comes. Then in was a fight to stop them. Or else I was going to be super cold, shaking and feeling suicidal.

Posting on this site for me is stressful and I know my limitations.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit