Just tired of the label "Apostate".

by rjl15225 34 Replies latest jw friends

• rjl15225
    rjl15225

Well, I too have been called much much worse! When you stand up in front of the collective congregation on Sunday morning and rather than anounce the song make a public denunciation of Jehovah's Witnesses and call them out for their offenses, well, they end up saying and doing quite a bit more than labeling you as an "apostate".

Ahh, those were the days!

• charlie brown jr.
    charlie brown jr.
    When you stand up in front of the collective congregation on Sunday morning and rather than anounce the song make a public denunciation of Jehovah's Witnesses and call them out for their offenses,

If that's True!!!

YOU'RE MY FU****G HERO!

LOL

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

RJL1525 - "Evidently," you have lived my dream! 'Tis tempting to re-join the TMS for just such a cause. . .

• steve2
    steve2

Mad Sweeney is correct: If you speak out against a religion you have been or still are a member of, you are by definition an apostate. Just like if you hold up a placard in a public place that criticises something or someone you are a protester. Everything else is mere detail.

• rebel8
    rebel8

Frankly I feel the worst things they believe about me, the better.

Their rejection of me tends to be proportionate to how awful they are and how much of a good person I actually am.

When they started making up stories about me, I thought it was funny and showed how petty and vindictive they are. The elders demanded my pioneer ID card be returned after a story they made up about me. I had told them many months prior I not only resigned as a pioneer but would never come back to the kh.

When they made up a story about me to ban me from being in my sister's wedding, I thought it was even funnier (although annoying) and I just found them to be the dumbest, most immature people on the planet.

When they began believing I was possessed by demons, I was SO amused. They literally tremble at the notion I'm capable of sending my demons into their bodies, and they are such hateful, small human beings they deserve it.

Calling me an apostate? Nah, that doesn't bother me.

• blond-moment
    blond-moment

This is my fav defintion of apostate, this one fits me.

Apostate: The origin of the word seems to be in ecclesiastical Latin . Dated : Middle English . Possible translation : 'apostate, runaway slave'

I don't even mind the WT "label". That word holds no fear, no power anything over me today. I wear the label as a big F/U to the WT.

• lilbluekitty
    lilbluekitty

I definitely do not consider myself an apostate as I have grown closer to God since I've left and it infuriates me when my family uses that word to describe me. I don't even really speak out against JWs all that much, I simply speak the truth about them, there is a difference though they don't see it that way =/

• bigmouth
    bigmouth

Welcome to the forum rjl.

You made the following minor comment; " Most of those who challenge the organization have not left their faith in Christ, Christianity, or the sovereign God almighty."

Actually, while this might be initially true, if memory serves me correctly, the majority that post on JWD are more likely to be atheist, agnostic or ambivalent toward God.

• Morbidzbaby
    Morbidzbaby

The word apostate means anyone who departs from a party, cause, or religion. In other words, if a person decides they're no longer going to affiliate themselves with PETA, they're an "apostate" of that cause. It's only negative meaning comes from the so-called "power" the Watchtower gives the word.

I am proud to be called an apostate...it means I no longer believe the lies I was told.

• cofty
    cofty

Welcome. Did you really call them out from the platform? I would pay good money to be in the audience that day - well done!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit