Over half a million $$$ to put up a wall of greenery at the Assembly Hall in Ajalvir, Spain

by illoowy 13 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

I had no idea Spain had such poverty. All I see is very cultured.

• Roddy
    Roddy

"The secretary will collect the slips of paper and add separately the amount that publishers can provide 1) per month and 2) each day of the assembly ."

I think those Spanish publishers should express their feelings through targetted exaggeration! What I mean is this. If I were those Spanish publishers I'd exaggerate and claim that we can donate 50,000 pesos per month and at each day of the assembly.

Then let's see if they will actually believe that and go ahead with the plan!

• Alfred
    Alfred

FYI... My translation of the letter sent to the elders of Chile regarding El Trebol Assembly Hall....

Service Department

SDE 30 August 2011

To all elders in Circuits M-02, M-03, M-04, M-07, M-08, M-09, M-10, M-24 Y C-10

Matter: El Trebol Assembly Hall

Esteemed brothers:

We are considering the feasibility of closing down a portion of El Trebol Assembly Hall during the circuit assembly season in order to achieve a more comfortable environment for attendees. As a first step, a survey should be taken to determine if the congregations are in agreement with this and if they are able to provide economic support. As every construction project takes time, we are asking for your cooperation with a sense of urgency.

We have attached a simple drawing of the proposed project. This project consists of closing off the first ring of seats (some 2,584) with moveable translucent panels and a suspended sky. For district conventions, the panels would be removed to open the entire auditorium (the sky would remain suspended). The cost is estimated at some $140,295,000 pesos, or $8,522 per publisher. Although it won’t be necessary to have the full amount on hand to start the project, it’s clear that we would need a certain financial commitment in order to finance this.

If you agree to support this Project, determine how much you believe your congregation can contribute monthly to finance this construction. As a point of reference, if every congregation contributes 72 pesos per publisher per month, said construction would be financed in its totality in ten years.

Prepare a resolution to be approved by the publishers. Upon concluding your next meeting, read the attached letter and the resolution which stipulates the monthly contribution suggested by the body of elders. If practical to do so, you may print several copies of the attached drawing and distribute these. Then, ask the publishers for a show of hands if they are in agreement with this resolution. If the majority are in agreement, request that each family (or single publisher) give prayerful consideration to the amount of financial support they are able to provide. Afterwards, in the next meeting, they should deposit in any contribution box a form with two figures:

1) the amount that the family or Publisher i sable to contribute every month

2) the amount that they can contribute during assemblies (three days in the year)

We are attaching a sheet that you may print as many times as you need, and then cut into smaller forms for distribution to each head of every family or single publisher. (The brothers should not put their names on the form, just the two requested figures.) This survey will reveal if the congregation can comply with the resolution and pay for operating costs and maintenance.

The secretary will collect the forms and separately add up the amounts that the publishers are able to contribute (1) monthly and (2) every assembly day. Afterwards, he will send an email to [email protected] with the name of the congregation and three figures: the amount that the congregation will contribute monthly according to the resolution, the amount that the publishers indicated they could contribute monthly and at every assembly day. We ask that you please respond by September 19 at the very latest. Of course, if you are not in agreement with this proposal, you should indicate this in the message you send to the same email address.

If the project is determined to be feasible, we shall schedule a meeting with the elders to provide more details and respond to questions. In the meantime, it won’t be necessary for you to do any more than what we are requesting in this letter until you receive further information. Let us all pray that Jehovah will guide this process such that “his will be done” respectively (Matthew 6:10).

Accept our sincerest greetings and fraternal love.

Your brothers,

Christian Association of Jehovah’s Witnesses

• LoisLane looking for Superman
    LoisLane looking for Superman

This is another money grab.

Sick.

LoisLane

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit