Members of New Zealand Families Who've Left the Org...

by bigmouth 21 Replies latest watchtower bible

• bigmouth
    bigmouth

In the ten years or so since we (bigmouth and one of twelve) left the WTS I've sometimes wondered about our family members and their children who might have also left and felt isolated.

I'm thinking of some big families and extended families particularly the Preece's, Collards, Keoghan's, Gibbes and Tocher's.

If you know any of these families why not post here and say hello. You don't need to give your name and if you want to know who we are, just send a personal message and I'll tell you.

We have no need to hide from anyone now and it might just be nice to hear each others experiences and answer some questions.

• bigmouth
    bigmouth

How did this get here ? I thought I posted on Personal Experiences and Reunions.

Can the Mods shift it for me please ?

• Broken Promises
    Broken Promises

Wrong forum or not, it's a good idea.

I wonder about the successive generations of JWs I used to know. I hope they find their way out of the Borg.

• steve2
    steve2

Hi, I'm a New Zealander but don't recognize any of the family names. I think of the large families of JWs I knew in the 1960s to 1980s and wonder how many have stayed in or active. I look at the slow growth of publishers and the baby boom among the JWs after 1975 and wonder where all those children went? Does anyone here know the Green family or the Stewarts or Delmarters or Harveys?

• bigmouth
    bigmouth

Hi Steve. My wife was a Preece girl from Tauranga / Te Puke and knows a Harvey family there.

We've been through Waiheke Island, Tauranga, Glendowie Ak., Hamilton, Dunedin and Balclutha.

We have grand children now and of course the aforementioned families have grown exponentially.

I hope they find their way out of the Borg. BP, I was hoping this might be a chance for someone to do just that, knowing they have a relative who understands.

• finallysomepride
    finallysomepride

steve u have a pm

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

I have heard of the Preeces but don't know any of them. My parents are major name droppers and seem to know the family trees of most of the old Kiwi families and can probably tell you who studied with their mother's sister's uncle's cousin and which family member of ours they married.

I might know the Harveys, but only if it's not an old Kiwi family.

• bigmouth
    bigmouth

The generation before us, say, aged 70+ now, seemed to always be able to recount who studied with whom, where they were contacted and who went to Bethel etc. I think they took more interest in people at that time and there weren't so many publishers in our small country.

• truthseeker1969
    truthseeker1969

I am in the UK visiting after many years and was shocked at how many big families are no longer witnesses.

They were the ones who ruled the congo at the time, oh her she's married to him who is the brother of him who is the unlce of her etc

Not one of them in, those who moved, moved to get out

• karter
    karter

Bigmouth,I'm from Auckland NZ and don't know any of the familys you mention.

In my old congro at least 60% (if not more) of the young ones have bailed so the averadge age of the congro is going up.

The next generation of M.S, Elders will be interesting as the pool to pick from will be limited at best.

karter.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit