Contradictions-1/1/02 WT

by Mister Biggs 23 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Mister Biggs
    Mister Biggs

Scanned for your convenience.

Contradiction #1:

Um, doesn't the GB elevate itself above the so-called 'Rank and File'? Not to mention the elders, the minsterial servants, the Pioneers, Auxillary Pioneers, CO's, DO's, and Attendants. All classes. The only thing they are equal in is that they all view themselves "higher up" than the plain old Publisher. Perhaps that's why many current JW's are living in misery and suffering. Why, they may be shunned, abused (some physically, some verbally, some sexually), looked down upon. They can't form their own opinions. They can't openly admit that they disagree with one, some, or all of the WT teachings. I suppose the list can go on and on.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------

Contradiction #2:

Okay, okay. Are you finished laughing at the hypocrisy of that underlined statement? Are women and men really equal in the JW organization? Let me know when they let a woman carry a mic even though there are plenty of so-called qualified men around. That'll never happen!
    -----------------------------------------------------------------

Contradiction #3:

Ah, yes, women again! Are women an inferior class in the WTS? Uh, okay...they are called a 'large army'. Some are said to be of the annointed. But, do any serve as a member of the GB? No. Do any serve as DO's or CO's? No. Are any elders? Ministerial Servants? No and no. Do any give 45 minute public talks? No (unless they really go overtime on the #3 or #4 talk!). The only time they can get any "privileges" in the congregation is when there aren't enough qualified men around.

Truly, the WTS makes many contradictory statements.

• Mister Biggs
    Mister Biggs

LOL!
    I guess I'm the only one who sees the contradictions.
    ;o)

• DINKY
    DINKY

Hi Mister Biggs -
    I still look forward to reading the Watchtower, since I'm always finding contradictions like these!

Not only are the GB members all men, but they're all WHITE!

I really got a kick out of the latest mag. The 2nd study article was about "subjecting ourselves to the elders" because they are trying so hard to imitate Jesus: "They are like springs blah blah blah...
    What a joke!!!

Dinky

• badwillie
    badwillie

All these contradictions are soooo obvious to me now - it proves once again how braindead I was and many still are.
    Thanks Biggs!

• HenryP
    HenryP

Are all men really equal?

Is everybody the president of the U.S.?

Are we all CEOs of a major corporation?

Are we all managers?

I think you misunderstand the meaning of "all men are equal".

• Mister Biggs
    Mister Biggs

HenryP the apologist, strikes again!
    The President of the U.S. is elected in by any registered person who uses his or her right to vote.
    Your other questions should ask:
    Are any women CEO's of a major corporation? YES!
    Are any women managers? YES!

I think that YOU, sir, misunderstand the points that the WT contradicted. Then again, perhaps you choose not to see it. I bet you it's the latter.

I love the Governing Body the way Philly loves Kobe.

• HenryP
    HenryP

So, is a publisher equal to a pioneer?

• JanH
    JanH

Once you know the trick, it is so easy to see through such propaganda. The WTS simply declares the black white, and most dubs accept it without questions.

Can women hold posisions of responsibility in the congregation? Of course, no. Can she even do practical stuff like holding microphones? Not if a man is present. Give a talk? No way. What about higher positions within organization? You're kidding.

So are women discriminated against? JWs will answer no without batting an eyelid.

Pretty crazy.

- Jan
    --
    - "How do you write women so well?" - "I think of a man and I take away reason and accountability." (Jack Nicholson in "As Good as it Gets")

• Beans
    Beans

Great post,and thank you for scanning it! The elders have started a thread on your underlining techniques though !!! My advice show up on Sunday with an old ruler and say you lost it!
    Beans

• Beans
    Beans

Jan: Great post I never thought about that! I`ll have to ask my JW father(EX-PO)about that one!
    Beans

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit