WTF... what happened? or - I'm old and hate change

by undercover 28 Replies latest jw friends

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

AnnOMaly"At the bottom of the 'Active' page, you have a choice of viewing 5, 10 or 20 posts/headings at once. It defaults to 10 but you can make it 20."

You have to scroll down to the bottom of the page to make this (5,10,20) posts/headings selection.  It would be nice to have this selection at the top of the 'Active' page.  

• cultBgone
    cultBgone
    In addition to selecting the 20 views option, you can more easily see the headings by setting your SNIPPETS to None.   Hope this helps!
  • wisdomfrombelow
    wisdomfrombelow
    This is my first post to the new site and I also don't like change that much. I might get used to it but I don't think I'll like it as much as I don't use a portable device, just a regular laptop for access.
  • Vidiot
    Vidiot

BluesBrother - "Hmmm neither can I."

Umm... from my POV, you did, actually.

Seriously, I can see the quote indicator in your post.

BluesBrother - "Vidiot showed that smilies are still there somewhere, but where, I wonder?"

I didn't actually find them; I just put a semicolon and a parenthesis in the post, and the forum translated it into the thing.

• prologos
    prologos

jw Gone Bad, cultBgone, thank you for the instructions. I am so old, I am afraid to click on anything for fear the Universe would self-destruct*, so I clicked on 'none' and '20' and we are still here in 2015 now. wow.  

*impossible? well ,- it build itself, would the destruction thing not be easier?

• Witness 007
    Witness 007
    Its like coming home and someone replaced/moved all my furniture around!!!!!
  • Awake at last
    Awake at last
    At least Simon only renovated....he didn't move house!
  • whathappened
    whathappened
    This is taking some time getting used to.  This format is more modern looking and I love the like button.  It is nice to be able to preview what the topic is about before clicking on it.  I am 60 and it is challenging adjusting to the changes.  
  • Vidiot
    Vidiot

Witness 007 - "Its like coming home and someone replaced/moved all my furniture around!!!!!"

Could've been worse.

Imagine coming home and finding all the furniture affixed to the ceiling in an exact mirror image of the way it had originally been arranged.

Seriously, though; the old format apparently wasn't working to well for tablets and smartphones. This one will.

A year from now, we'll all be so used to it that we'll all barely remember how it used to look.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit