WTF... what happened? or - I'm old and hate change

by undercover 28 Replies latest jw friends

• ThomasCovenant
    ThomasCovenant

''I'm glad I'm not the only one who hates the change.  For the record, I'm under 50.  What I miss the most is seeing so many thread titles at once.  Now I see two or three and have to scroll down to see maybe two more.  Not a fan''

I have similar sentiments but I am also thankful for the work that Simon has put into the site and maybe I'll end up liking it.

At the moment I visit much less often as I used to like the 'active' page having, what was it, about twenty thread titles with just the titles and not the post included. 

Thanks anyway.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Seriously, though; I can't get the "quote" function to work.

Hmmm neither can I . But Vidiot showed that smilies are still there somewhere , but where, I wonder?

• SafeAtHome
    SafeAtHome
    Well I guess I am an old fart too, I really don't like it for all the reasons you have stated. And I have to sign in every time, even though I have checked the remember me button. I used to check this site many times a day and could see so much at a glance, not so much now. Oh well.
  • AnnOMaly
    AnnOMaly
    At the moment I visit much less often as I used to like the 'active' page having, what was it, about twenty thread titles with just the titles and not the post included. 

Ahh TC, depending on the layout you have (I'm on Chrome), you should, on the 'Active' page, be able to see a right hand column toward the top that's headed 'Snippets' where you can select 'None.' (Opera Mini on the phone doesn't give the 'Snippets' option so I'm stuck with lengthy previews on there, unfortunately.)

At the bottom of the 'Active' page, you have a choice of viewing 5, 10 or 20 posts/headings at once. It defaults to 10 but you can make it 20.

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

come on you old farts---get with the programme  ( UK-English word )

errr--does the like / dislike work ?

• THE GLADIATOR
    THE GLADIATOR

Simon has changed the format because the old set up was based on platform that was not compatible with many new devices. With a little patience and practice you will get used to the new set-up and in time will not want to go back to the previous format. With a little patience and practice you will get used to the new set-up and in time will not want to go back to the previous format.

You feel sleepy and excited about change Zzzz - with a little patience and practice you will get used to the new set-up and in time will not want to go back to the previous format. You are liking it so much...With a little patience and practice you will get used to the new set-up and in time will not want to go back to the previous format. Happier and happier - welcoming change...................... 

• Blackfalcon98
    Blackfalcon98
    Im 19 and I can't even get past the new design! Its gonna be a while! 
  • KateWild
    KateWild

I am 41, I like the new changes. I think it's more modern and easy to use on my laptop and phone. 

Kate xx 

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

I'm old and hate change

• Blackfalcon98
    Blackfalcon98

OUTLAW!!!! 

Nice one! 

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit