Annoying JW Stories

by What Now? 24 Replies latest jw experiences

• serenitynow!
    serenitynow!

I gotta agree with Sinis, don't answer their questions. I was inactive for years and was ashamed of it; my aunt would ask me questions like "how's so & so at your hall? What time is your meeting on Sunday? When's your CA?" I would feel so bad because I couldn't answer her questions. The best feeling was when I finally stood up to my aunt and told her that my relationship with god was none of her business.

• exwhyzee
    exwhyzee

I feel like I’m a teenager trying to hide something from my parents.

That's exactly what's going on .....only you're not a teenager anymore.

Who of use here hasn't gone through the same or similar situation just to keep the peace?

Going out in "pretend" field service has to be hurting your soul in some way.

I think I'd want to talk to te elders and say that under no circumstances are they to talk about you or your spirituality with your in-laws or ask your husband to let his parents know that if they were to do such a thing would be a serious overstepping of their boundaries, one that would jepordize your relationship with them.

• cantleave
    cantleave

Protect your child! It is your duty....

• Flicka
    Flicka

I agree about feeling like a teenager trying to hide something from your parents.

My husband and I completely stopped attending meetings and doing field service a few months ago.

Although my family lives more than a 1000miles away they started fishing about our spirituality whenever we spoke.

On Friday I had a skype conversation with my sister and the questions became not so subtle.

I treid to get her to back off by saying we are happy with our spirituality and I don't like it when the family asks personal questions about our spirituality seeing that it is somethig personal but that didn't even stop her.

Eventually I became tired of evading her questions..so I started giving her straight forward answers.

You can read our conversation on "The cat is out of the bag or whatever"..

My husband and I will be thinking of you.

Flicka

• rebel8
    rebel8

Mess with their heads.

Tell your son, next time his grandparents ask him where Jehovah is, to make devil horns with his fingers above his head. lol

Next time they ask how you're doing spiritually, say,

• "Oh, I would tell you but I would sound haughty," or,
    • "Actually we now have the heavenly calling," or,
    • "I am not supposed to tell anyone but there is a new Gilead school opening up for couples with kids, and we have been invited. They want us to go to Afghanistan for 5 years."

Then turn the tables and tell them you're worried about them spiritually, and interrogate them about their activities.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit