How long will it be......

by watersprout 13 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• watersprout
    watersprout

Until the GB turn round and say they are the MESSAIH!!!!!!

I know they have put themselves in Christ's place, but do you think they will actually ever say that they are Christ Himself?

Peace

• cantleave
    cantleave

No I don't think they are THAT balsy!

• watersprout
    watersprout

I don't know, I reckon arrogance will cause the ultimate head swell... PLus if they start by slowing drip feeding the idea the dubbies will lap it up with the big announcement. You can turn on ''Jehovah and Jesus'' but bad mouth the GB and you are the devil incarnate.

Peace

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

How long will it be until the GB turn round and say they are the MESSAIH!!!!!!

Whoa....................Look at last Sunday's WT Study -- Annointed Christians are made righteous by the merits of Christ's sacrifice. That's right. . . Christ is the Messiah for the Annointed. Who is the Messiah for everyone else?

DOC

• watersprout
    watersprout

I haven't seen that WT... My inlaws won't let us read the kool aid one. Is there a link on here for that article?

The messiah for the other sheep must be the GB!!! DUM DUM DUMMMMMMMM

Peace

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Go to jw.org. You can download the mag from there.

• watersprout
    watersprout

Thank you MrsJ I will have a look.

Peace

• trueblue
    trueblue

I was under the impression that the whole organisation clam that they are actually Christ's body. From the WTS to the KHs to the Publishers or what ever are the body, the arms. the fingers, or what ever of Christ himself, and that had a lot to do with why I left. I felt as though they said that they are Christ, or at least act like they think they are...

• AnnOMaly
    AnnOMaly

What do you mean, "how long will it be?" It has always been - although for many decades it has been couched in less 'in your face' terms.

"Christ in You, the Hope of Glory."

This is the great mystery of God which has been hidden from all previous ages, and is still hidden from all except a special class--the saints, or consecrated believers. But what is meant by "Christ in you?" We have learned that Jesus was anointed with the holy Spirit (Acts 10:38), and thus we recognize him to be the Christ--the anointed--for the word Christ signifies anointed. And the Apostle John says that the anointing which we (consecrated believers) have received abideth in us. (1 John 2:27) Thus the saints of this Gospel age are an anointed company--anointed to be kings and priests unto God (2 Cor. 1:21; 1 Peter 2:9); and together with Jesus, their chief and Lord, they constitute Jehovah's Anointed--the Christ. - Studies, Divine Plan, p. 81-2.

-----

This Christ is composed of many members. ('I Cor. 12:12'.) ...

... This Gospel Age is the time in which the Messiah is prepared. The Head of the Messiah, therefore, very properly, is first; and following Him the Apostles and all down through the Age the various members of the Body. This Age will end when the full number of the "elect" shall have been found and tested. Then the Body will have been completed. When The Messiah is complete, The Christ will be complete. - ZWT, 1911, June 15, p. 189.

-----

Messiah's kingdom once established, Jesus and his glorified church constituting the great Messiah, shall minister the blessings to the people they have so long desired and hoped for and prayed might come. - Millions Now Living Will Never Die! (1920), p. 88.

-----

That "seed of promise", which is the mystery of God, is the new creation, and constitutes the agency employed and to be employed by Jehovah in carrying out his plan to bless all the families of the earth as promised.

The new creation is The Christ. The Christ is a composite body made up of many members. The Head of The Christ is Jesus Christ, God's beloved Son. Those who are taken from amongst men, justified, begotten and anointed by the spirit of Jehovah, and who then continue faithful unto death, will constitute the members of The Christ complete. (Ephesians 1:32, 23) ...

... It seems clear that the time is at hand when the people may understand that the mystery of God is The Christ, the "seed of promise" through which their blessing must come. - Creation (1927), pp. 200, 202.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

To be fair, if they really were anointed then they would be part of the body, or part of the total Messiah if you like.

What I think is already happening ,is not so much that they are explaining this arcane theological point, but that they are stressing that they are acting vicariously for Christ. "Do as the GB says = do as Jesus says"

As with another Vicar of Christ on this earth, they make the claim as to their position with absolutely no proof.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit