My father is dying

by peridotgreen 35 Replies latest jw friends

• DonutZ!
    DonutZ!

My father had blood poisoning a while ago and had a 30% chance to live. He managed to make it but still the thought of him not making it made me cry. You have my condolences.

• Heaven
    Heaven

PG, I am very sorry to hear this. You are now where I will be in a little while.

My Father has dementia and is declining. It is not easy to lose those we care for. In many ways, I lost him years ago when he was assimilated. But I look after him now as best I can. He won't be here forever like the lies we were told so many years ago.

• FlyingHighNow
  • trueblue
    trueblue

My Mother also is dying (very soon) she was not all that with it when she was reinstated, it is a very long story, but it tells me the WTS is full of it, my Mother has not been treated right and has been mentally ill for a long time, she never did say anything against God just them phoney religeous people the JW's.

My sister died already, she was put out of the crazy WTS when she was 13 for going with a guy my dad hired to kidnap her HMM! I had a dream about my sister: When I seen my sister in my dream she was very tall, she was so tall that I had to jump as high as I could to give her a hug. I think I had the dream like that because I was proud of her, I was proud that she never did go back to that cult...

I understand that God took my sister then my brother because they could bear no more...

I started out in life with a very large familly, lots of relatives, and I am just about the only one left, actually I am the only one left because the WTS killed them all... That's Okay, I beleive that I will see them again some day some where some how by the grace of God.

Found this link a moment ago don't know if I like it yet, kinda interesting "Are You Righteous In His Eyes?"

• outsmartthesystem
    outsmartthesystem

My sincere condolences

but be prepared for your eventual discussions with witness relatives. they will "happily" tell you that he likely WILL be resurrected. being a witness is not required for resurrection. It is only required to survive "armageddon"

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow
    I started out in life with a very large familly, lots of relatives, and I am just about the only one left, actually I am the only one left because the WTS killed them all... That's Okay, I beleive that I will see them again some day some where some how by the grace of God.

I believe the WT kills people's health, mental and physical. I believe the WT kills. I believe you will see them again, for God is full of grace and love for all of his creatures.

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

Words are inadequate. I'm sorry for your loss. When I was younger, I received a diagnosis of hopeless. I suppose I was in denial b/c I did my own research. After much searching, the situation resolved. Medicine is art more than science. Your grandson has time on his side. Perhaps a treatment will be developed.

• straightshooter
    straightshooter

Sorry to hear about your dad. My condolences. After my father died, that is when the sadness really hit me.

• compound complex
    compound complex

Dear Peri:

So very sorry. I wish my parents were here once again ...

Love and peace to you and yours,

CoCo

• hooberus
    hooberus

I'm sorry for what you are going through. A month and a half ago my dad passed on (he was 85 as well).

We lived together for the last 7 years. I'm thankful for time that we had together and that he was blessed to have his mind.

We were never JWs.

I am thankful that I was able to share about who Christ is, and what Christ did with my dad. Just as we had in the past we said goodby, -only this time it will be a little longer until we are reuinted.

My grandmother had alzheimers before she died. I think that they can know whats going on more than we realize.

you are in my prayers.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit