My father is dying

by peridotgreen 35 Replies latest jw friends

• peridotgreen
    peridotgreen

Thank you, everyone.

I do have peace, but I am tremendously sad. I guess it's never easy, losing one's past.

But it's far worse to lose one's future. My grandson is very ill right now; he has an auto-immune disorder and is constantly ill.

It's so hard to watch them both suffer, it really is. But at least my father is 85; my grandson is only 6.

• littlerockguy
    littlerockguy

So sorry that you are going through this. I watched my dad go through cancer this time last year, him bald, skin and bone and weak. I did get to spend some time with him before he died at the end of May but I didn't get to spend as much time as we had such bad weather last year. Now 8 months later I still feel like a wreck mentally thinking about him no longer being here and I still feel a little bit of anxiety with him not being a phone call away. I always hated going to him when I needed anything and would always wanted to appear self sufficient, idependent and self-reliant but just the feeling that he was there made me feel okay and now I feel like a rug has been pulled out from under me. Take comfort in your loved ones at this time.

Peace

LRG

• Quandry
    Quandry

So sorry you have to go through this. Dad is very fortunate to have you as his child, there to hold his hand and feel comforted and not alone.

• Retrovirus
    Retrovirus

Sounds like a very difficult time for you, peridotgreen!

Sending you strength Especially hope your grandson improves!

• 3rdgen
    3rdgen

(((((((((((peridotgreen)))))))))))) I'm terribly sorry your family is suffering. Life is very fragile and one never knows what to expect. Maybe that is for the best. If we knew ahead of time the chalanges we would face we might not be able to bear it. I'm glad you have a brighter outlook for your Father than you did as a JW.

Your grandson has youth on his side. Hopefully, he will beat his health problems soon. He is loved by you and his family and that will help in fighting his illness. May your faith and good memories give you comfort.

• Ding
    Ding

Sorry to hear about your father.

Even though he has lived a long time, it's still far too short...

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep
    Why, oh why, did I ever get baptized into this disgusting religion?

You can be proud of your Dad. When his brain was working, he didn't get sucked into the cult.

I bet he got some 'theocratic warfare' to join it.

He has my respect.

Chris

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

Quandry is right: "Dad is very fortunate to have you as his child, there to hold his hand and feel comforted and not alone."

May God ease the pain for both you and your father!

• TheSilence
    TheSilence

"...life on earth is both brutally short, and paradoxically, far too long." ~ The Gargoyle by Andrew Davidson

I am happy you have found peace with the loss and I hope it remains with you throughout this difficult period.

Best,

Jackie

• nugget
    nugget

So sorry to hear about your father. I am glad you have found comfort and found a way to come to terms with physical loss.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit