CoCo hope you are well miss those Belles-lettres

by nancy drew 40 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• compound complex
    compound complex

Dear Quentin and Nancy Drew:

It is so good to have access today to a computer though in a seldom calm and quiet library. The closest and most accessible pc is at a neighbor's home, but it only puts up blank posts on JWN! I hope you have been well; your comments are always welcomed and appreciated.

Some readings, Quentin, have been in period garb, others in modern-day apparel. I read The Shepherd Boy at a large gathering and the audience loved the mad sequence. Though I surely do miss being here, time away from former hours spent every day on the computer is well used reading, editing years of written MSS, walking in Nature's beauty (taking notes for future projects) and communicating face-to-face with friends and family and strangers (I can talk to anyone).

Anyway, thanks for your continued love and support!

Love,

CoCo

• compound complex
    compound complex

While our primary idea of loss may be that of external forces claiming people we love, there is so much more that underlies the sense and reality of bereavement. We leave or we are left; we let go and we move on. There are separations and departures of loved ones. Romantic dreams vaporize, and, frequently, we expect the unattainable: freedom, power, safety. Not only does it hit home - and hard - that we are mortal, but in our flawed connections with other people there are unavoidable and unbridgeable chasms.

We grow by letting go and losing ...

By leaving....

[thoughts on "Necessary Losses" by Judith Viorst]

• nancy drew
    nancy drew

The jw experience that we've all had here is unique to us even in out distance and separate ways we once spent many years in prison together and no matter where we go or what we do it will be our common thread. That imprisonment changed us and has made us what we are today others who have not been there will never really understand it. Believe it or not I'm one of those people who was contacted at the door when i was in my 30's looking for the meaning of life my experience was quite different than a born in. It made it easiar to leave because it was just an experience along the way that lasted a bit too long. This site is a special place of understanding and to use a word that I have come to loathe because of the organization "encouragement". Keep stopping in when you get a change your words are elegant and beautiful.

ND

• compound complex
    compound complex

Thank you, dear Nancy, for your own beautiful thoughts. They can make me think or make me laugh ...

Gratefully,

CoCo

• Open mind
    Open mind

Thanks for stopping in CoCo.

I always look forward to your posts.

(You guys getting any snow out of this last batch of storms?)

om

• compound complex
    compound complex

Thanks, Open Mind!

Yes, snow, higher up, but visible from here (please see YOUR DAILY JOURNAL).

Take care - off to Writers' Workshop ...

CoCo

• nancy drew
    nancy drew

It was spring and the pathway was beautiful

but the air thick with pollen was terrible

her nose seemed to drip

with her tissue in grip

she raced home for some air that was breathable

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

I've always enjoyed CoCo's writings.

Getting things done the old fashioned way - it works. I really like that comment. Sometimes the old fashioned way is best. I think of how people were back in the day - granted I'm only 35 but I remember when life wasn't as rushed as it is today and everything wasn't at our fingertips. I remember when you couldn't get hold of someone on the phone you'd have to try again later. When we still wrote letters, read books and folded down the edge of the page. When kids played outstide and running around and falling, pushing, pulling didn't result in oversensitive parents / teachers / children.

I like old fashioned too.

• nancy drew
    nancy drew

Your right Lou belle we should write letters, read books and not lose those precious ways of communicating.

That calls for a round of limericks for everyone at the tavern

• compound complex
    compound complex

Greetings, LouBelle and Nancy!

I come from a family of letter writers. Somehow, pen and paper and envelope and stamp ring truer, warmer than a swift but cold e-mail sailing through cyberspace.

Long live the old ways!

CoCo Des Lettres

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit