CoCo hope you are well miss those Belles-lettres

by nancy drew 40 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• BabaYaga
    BabaYaga

CoCo! Hello my Dear!!!

I have not been here much myself for quite some time, but I am delighted that we both somehow managed to click upon a keyboard here at the same moment.

Love to you!
    Baba.

• compound complex
    compound complex

Dearest Baba:

Yes! So wonderful to see you here for the brief period I am on. Stories have gone out in the morning post to those whom I can no longer e-mail.

Much love to you and yours!

CoCo of Snail Mail

• compound complex
    compound complex

THE HAMMERING IN MY HEAD

It is snowing in my neighborhood.

The falling snow creates a world of silence, a blessed silence that deadens the hammering in my head. A blanket of purest white covers a multitude of sins: unredeeming architectural details of badly designed homes; poorly tended gardens; new but ugly automobiles; some niggling sin from my past.

I pass from a state of purposeless thinking into one of essence, of being. I stand motionless, allowing uncountable snowflakes to encase me, to cover my own multitude of sins.

Fog - following directly upon drifting heels of snow - shrouds in ghostly vapor newly whitened trees in middle ground, swallowing up totally the giant sentinels in background. The hills no longer exist for the heavy, inpenetrable drapery of clinging moisture. They have disappeared - magically.

I am grateful, for all that troubles eyes and spirit are out of sight, out of mind ...

For now.

• BabaYaga
    BabaYaga

There is something to be said for snail-mail, my Dear.

I have always loved the feel of paper, the hand-penned cursive writing, the cut and construction of an envelope, and the beauty of commemorative stamps.

Perhaps I should visit my post office more often.

:)

edited to respond to your new post:

Oh, CoCo! How beautiful!!!

• compound complex
    compound complex

Thank you, both Myelaine [for the beautiful letters] and Baba, for the comments on real mail and my flash fiction [actually based on happenings in my 'hood].

What I have sent out today via snail mail provides internet links to other poetry and stories. It is great that established means of communication remain intact!

Love,

CoCo

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

Lovely to see OUR Coco back.

I just thought you need to be alone for a while. Whether it is the cleansing power of tears, or just the need to look at the raindrops on black twigs in winter, solitude is vital for creative people.

HB

• compound complex
    compound complex

Thank you, dear Hammy!

Your kind words mean so much.

I have been away, not by choice, but due to technical errors beyond my control. The occasional moments I can log onto a friend's computer make my random returns all the sweeter. I am now engaged in public recitations of my poetry, sometimes in period garb.

See you when I see you!

Love,

CoCo

• compound complex
    compound complex

You saw and you stopped my hand ... who, really, are you? A benevolent spirit?

Despite the shadowy realms my mind inhabits, you surely are not that malevolence that had struck me down and entered your sharpened sword into every thread that had been woven into the fabric that I am.

Good spirit that I perceive you to be, your true essence, however, cannot be scanned by an inner sight I do not possess. What I do sense is that you - whoever you are - stopped my hand before it overtook and laid waste to a plaintive soul desiring escape from life's cruelties.

Could I ever have known that, once past despair, my own light would dawn anew and reawaken the dream of life I once held?

Whoever or whatever you truly are, I owe you my life....

• nancy drew
    nancy drew

Whose woods these are I think I know

His house is in the village though

He will not see me stopping here

to watch his woods fill up with snow

My little horse must think it queer

to stop without a farmhouse near

between the woods and frozen lake

the coldest evening of the year

he gives his harness bells a shake

to ask if there is some mistake

the only other sounds the sweep

of easy wind and downy flake

The woods are lovely dark and deep but I have promises to keep

and miles to go before I sleep and miles to go before I sleep

Robert frost

• talesin
    talesin

I just came looking for you, because I've missed you, dear CoCo!

Nancy,,, my favorite Frost, and in my top ten poems of all time.... merci!

tal

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit