After 100+ years, the Watchtower Society can be summed up in one word...

by Glander 20 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Glander
    Glander

hubris ['hju?br?s] , hybris

n 1. pride or arrogance 2. (Literary & Literary Critical Terms) (in Greek tragedy) an excess of ambition, pride, etc., ultimately causing the transgressor's ruin [from Greek] hubristic , hybristicadj They have been able to attract a core of followers, and, like the bullies they are, hold them through a combination of a fear shunning and the childish vision of eternal life in a New World. They boast and brag about their past victories that never happened. They have exploited natural disasters and human suffering at every opportunity in shameless ways. All to garner unearned credibilty. They have invented doctrines that have caused unimaginable hardship and life changing sorrow. "Pride cometh before a fall" and they are over due.

• man oh man
  • cantleave
    cantleave

agreed

• Aussie Oz
    Aussie Oz

I thought of another...

EVIL

oz

• RAYZORBLADE
  • punkofnice
    punkofnice

Totally agree.

The other word I had in mind was......................oh, wait. Am I allowed to use that sort of language here?

If there is a god in the Christianity sense then the GB are totally gonna get punished...........serverely.

If there isn't a god they'll probably continue to get away with it.

• breakfast of champions
  • JAFO
    JAFO

First word that popped into my mind when I saw the thread title was "Bullshit".

• designs
    designs

Delusional

• Alfred
    Alfred

Agreed...

although I probably would have chosen h aughty, malicious or avaricious ...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit