Our latest "Gee it's great not to be a JW" moment. Share yours!

by Open mind 31 Replies latest jw friends

• 00DAD
    00DAD

Well there are so many, where to begin ....

• Having a beard if I want to
    • Smoking a cigar if I want to
    • Drinking a little too much if I want to
    • Feeling good enough for a change
    • Making love to my wife, even in "WT unapproved" ways
    • Letting my wife make love to me, also in "WT unapproved" ways ...
    • Having a weekend, Tuesday night and Thursday night to pursue evil selfish interests like:
      • Reading a book
      • Watching a movie
      • Making love to my wife ... (see above)
      • Even just getting enough sleep for a change!
    • Reading FORBIDDEN Books
    • Watching FORBIDDEN Movies
    • Making love to my wife in FORBIDDEN ways ... (see above)
    • Leaving those FORBIDDEN books, movies and ... ahem, ... around the house and not caring if someone comes over and sees it.
    • Being with my normal family again for normal family events
    • Saying "Fuck you, asshole!" when it's appropriate and feeling good about it!
    • Running into people that only a few years ago "would die for me to prove their Christian love" and yet now will hardly look at me and not even talk to me
      • Funny, this used to embarrass me, now it just makes me feel sorry for them
    • Having friends and family that love me for who I am, not what I do or who I PRETEND to be
      • Rediscovering Unconditional Love
    • Cooking turkey on the fourth Thursday in November and not hiding it!
    • Making love to my wife ...
    • Being able to express my doubts about the WT lies and hypocrisy to other human beings without fear
    • BEING REAL AGAIN!!!!!!

Seriously, it was only towards the end of when I was still "In" that I realized how I had completely lost myself. It's only after you leave this Mind-Fuck known as the WTBTS that you realize how much they steal your of soul.

My only sorrows are that my two sons are still "IN". I'm trying to figure out how to get them out. It's a challenge!

00DAD

• 3rdgen
    3rdgen

I had a similar aha medical moment. I had surgery a few weeks ago. A week before I was instructed to go to the admitting office at the hospital to regrister etc. The 1st aha was: it is a CATHOLIC Hospital and that didn't bother me a bit.

2ond: The lady asked my religion . I said none. I couldn't believe that came out of my mouth. LOL

3rd: I was handed a form to fill out that asked about whether I would except whole blood in an emergency? and if not, what fractions , (they named them all separately) Would I accept? I happily said WHOLE BLOOD and put it in writing without the slightest hesitation. I felt like I had been a bird released from a cage. It also made me much less nervous about going under the knife.!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit