Elder father sent me an email about Feb 2012 WT - my resposne

by TheStumbler 97 Replies latest watchtower bible

• truth_b_known
    truth_b_known

"As for God having done it in the past. On the occasion of the flood he used a natural disaster but offered protection for anyone who wanted it in the ark. He had to destroy that world at the time because of the violent and cruel halfbreed giants and their demon fathers." - tornapart

Why not just kill the half-breed giants?

Why use a flood? The Bible records that one angel killed an entire army in their sleep.

Jesus also said that the last days would be just like the days of Noah.

In addition, the modern day Noah's Ark is the Christian Congregation of Jehovah's Witnesses.

• GromitSK
    GromitSK

<Sorry double posted>

• Jim_TX
    Jim_TX
    He had to destroy that world at the time because of the violent and cruel halfbreed giants and their demon fathers.

Well, he must not have done a good job... maybe some of those 'giants' held their breath or knew how to swim (or the flood is a myth), cause David had to kill Goliath later... and there were other giants roaming around, too (a race of giants).

Anyway... good summary 'the stumbler'. I hope that your dad actually reads your response and thinks about it.

Regards,

Jim TX

• wannabefree
    wannabefree

Nicely said.

I think most JW's avoid the thought of what they are really saying will happen at Armageddon.

When I discuss this subject with my wife, she resorts to "Jehovah will read their hearts and do what is right" ... showing them in black and white that that isn't what the Organization truly teaches causes conflict in the mind for sure.

• Bella15
    Bella15

@TheStumbler ... Epic reply!

The mess the Watchtower is in due to going beyond what it is written in the bible AND not having the Spirit of understanding prophecy is COMICAL to this point ... it is not worth a second of our time anymore ...

• ziddina
    ziddina

I'd say send it...

Although that recent Watchtower article dances around the issue [typical avoidance behavior ], your use of past Watchtower literature on the subject demonstrates the ugly reality of the biblical 'cleansing' that "Jehovah" will supposedly visit upon humanity....

I don't know whether your father will allow himself to see that, however.

Best results to you, and hoping that your father does awaken....

Zid

• TheStumbler
    TheStumbler

@tornapart

I definitely agree, he does not consider the implications of his own belief system and I don't think he is a bad person. He has said before that children will die in Armageddon because parents are responsible for their children and I could he was uncomfortable with what he was saying.

When we had this conversation last year he kept falling back on 'Jehovah will read people's hearts' so when I asked the follow question 'so you don't need to be a Jehovah's witness to be saved' he would not committ to an answer. He alternated between each answer 'God will read hearts' 'only JWs will be saved'.

I think even the most die hard JWs must be aware of the cognitive dissonence these questions raise

• NomadSoul
    NomadSoul

That was a good answer. Thanks for posting.

Hope your dad awakens from this cult.

• Violia
    Violia

for whatever reason I do not see the link in the OP. odd.

• TheStumbler
    TheStumbler

@punkofnice,

why do you suggest that I don't send it? Just curious.

I don't expect it alone will wake him but you never know, it might plant a seed and make him realise the reality of what he really believes.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit