Childbirth, A Protection For Women (Per Paul)... How?

by AGuest 212 Replies latest jw friends

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

Why won't God heal amputees? Or answer the challenge in front of him about whether or not he is a liar?

His actions have cast a dark cloud over both his and Shelby's reputation and it must be dealth with, else it will only get worse. Then where will be be? People will stop believing in the Lord, I mean, Richard Dawkins, Ricky Gervais and Christopher Hitchens all used to be good God fearing Christians until Shelby and her Lord lied about me.

Who will fall away next? Cofty? Bohm? The Pope?

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Oh yeah and many more women are not pregnant at any given time, than are pregnant. Where's the protection for the unpregnant? I hate it when dweebs like Paul write things and then people credit God with it. If God ever does talk directly from heaven, to all of us, I think the first thing he is going to say is, "I did NOT write that $j8+!!!!!!"

• Fernando
    Fernando

Hey cofty! Most Christians are RBNS (Religious But Not Spiritual). Most practice "Christless Christianity" of which the WBT$ is an exceptionally grotesque caricature. From God's point of view, their overall situation is far worse than non-religious persons such secularists, atheists and agnostics. We can only wonder and imagine what society would look like if we all were SBNR (Spiritual But Not Religious) with high SQ's - something that has not yet been tried. At any rate many individuals (albeit a very small percentage of society) have experienced reduced dysfunction, addiction, ignorance and prejudice after a SPIRITUAL awakening and after tossing out RELIGION. A more liberal, inclusive, balanced, rational, open-minded, informed, cohesive and moderate mindset ensues. At least that has been my personal experience, and the journey continues.

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

At any rate many have experienced reduced dysfunction, addiction, ignorance and prejudice after a SPIRITUAL awakening and after tossing out RELIGION. A more liberal, inclusive, balanced, rational, open-minded, informed, cohesive and moderate mindset ensues. At least that has been my personal experience, and the journey continues.

Sorry, we don't accept anecdotes as evidence round here in these parts.

If Christians are Christless, then they aren't Christians.

Speaking of Christ, Shelby, what's more interesting is that he simply won't tell us all about my shirt. His big issue was that I would lie. We can prevent that, what's the issue now?

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

I was raised in a church that is spiritual and not religious. There are a few of them.

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

I am sure there are. But it's one thing to say "I know of some who are" and quite another to assert "most".

I live in the Bible Belt. Based on the people I know, I could easily claim most Christians are born again southern Baptists.

• Fernando
    Fernando

Hey FlyingHighNow! For what it's worth, I believe God speaks to all of us all the time. It's a matter of tuning in - something religion/ists deliberately set out to prevent since they will instantly be unnecessary and illegitimate, and of course lose all their precious power, authority, glory and followers. And admittedly when it comes to the snare and racket of religion, men have much to answer for, in keeping ordinary folk from God and abusing them spiritually.

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

Shelby, You are entitled to your opinion. From my reading of Paul, altho he converted dramatically, he used his extensive Jewish education and rhetorical skills. Scripture does not say whether it was Jewish or Roman influence. Whatever the case,, and perhaps this is very unfair to Paul, he may miscogyntic comments more than any other NT author. It may be selective quoting. His uneasiness with women translated into restrictions on women in the church. When one reads the gosepls and the beginning of Acts, women are a vital part of the ministry, raise funds, and are leaders in the church.

Within the past year I read Crossan's book on Paul which he asserted he was a feminist. I now tend to believe Crossan to a large extent.

Women have bore a heavy burden b/c of Paul's side comments. Certainly, we are more than obedient brood mares.

I am a full [person not a baby machine. Mutual respect between H and W is fine but subjugation is so not what Jesus preached.

• elderelite
    elderelite

Shelby, i always find your perspective interesting.... Its an interesting way to look at it and to give paul credit for a positive motive in that statment.

But the context belies that. If it was matter of persecution then why refer to eve? Im sorry shelby but it dosent seem to hold up.

• journey-on
    journey-on

It seems to me Paul was trying desperately (wasn't he?) to put the quietus on Mary Magdalene's influence. (Perhaps she was truly safeguarded by being pregnant.)

Please correct me if I am wrong, but I always thought Paul was guilty of doing what Moses did that prevented him from entering the Promised Land .....taking credit for something that belonged to the Lord. Just in that one chapter of 2nd Tim. alone, there is this: I therefore exhort....I was appointed....I am telling the truth....I desire that in every place the men carry on ....I desire the women to adorn themselves....I, I, I , I. His writings are full of "I's", but he tries to disguise his huge ego by placing himself in the seat of Moses.

It always seemed to me that he was grabbing authority, while at the same time, suppressing Mary's growing influence. It seems he "won" out in the end....or did he? "New scrolls will be opened."

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit