New here, need support: I wrote an open letter regarding my issues with JWs

by exjehovah 35 Replies latest jw friends

• exjehovah
    exjehovah

Thanks for allowing me to vent. Again, the most important thing is that I don't allow my anger to fall into their hands. I have been acquainted with this site, as well as a few others, but I would always come and read and then want to stop thinking about the JWs at all. I have been out for 22 years. They really have no real part of my life. It is just with family members dying, my getting a divorce and trying to have some type of interaction they bring out those feelings of disgust over the entire cult religion.

But the truth is I want to be calm and give them no place to one up me. They are very very manipulative. I am just going to severly limit interaction with them, and move on with my life. I will create my own family; which I have in many ways, but sometimes after the death of a few and a divorce, you look around for those that raised you.

Again, thanks for all your kind words. I really appreciate it.

• Think About It
    Think About It

Exjehovah.......Awesome first post. Welcome to the board. You rock.

Think About It

• peridotgreen
    peridotgreen

Welcome.

You won't always feel this angry. Please believe that. Stick around here - there are people who want to help you.

PeridotGreen

• its_me!
    its_me!

Welcome! Very happy to have you here. Your letter was very though-provoking and well written. And your experience hits home with me and pulls at the heart. You will find on this site that you are not alone by far. So many of us can relate and empathize. I am so sorry that you have had to go through this. The hypocrisy that is seen in the Org. is so disturbing and it tends to enrage me as well. Welcome again and I am looking forward to hearing more from you.

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

Hi Exjehovah and Enda75. Welcome to the forum.

Exjehovah, I'm not sure if you were baptised or not. If not, they are overstepping the rules if they try shunning.

If you want to scare them into their hole, just hit them with a barrage of facts and ID yourself as a dangerous opposer..

If you want them to behave themselves you need to kick their high horse out from under them by making them the guilty party for raising you in this church, not answering your questions, any tricks they try to use to fool you, etc..

Remember that you are not the guilty party here. You didn't ask to be raised in a church that behaves badly to it's non-believing kids. That was their choice. They gambled that Jehovah was going to bring Armageddon to stop them looking like a bunch of fools, he's still in the privy, so now they have to deal with their poor choice and not put the blame on you or anybody else.

Cheers

Chris

• ziddina
    ziddina

Oh, Terry, that was a GREAT example!!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit