Are you a Bush bitch?

by cellomould 39 Replies latest jw friends

• cellomould
    cellomould

Actually Larc,

I would have to consider your point. After all, Clinton has done his share of playing dumb.

I personally never liked Clinton too much. But Bush is off the loathing-scale. And I am serious.

I can recognize people I know by the way they walk from as far as a long city block away. The way a person walks tells a lot, to be honest. It tells much about their self-esteem and disposition.

You know this, because you, as we all do, judge people based on the slightest visual cues. Maybe this discussion needs to move to my other thread however. Sometimes we aren't conciously aware of our reasons for liking or disliking a person... According to that article, we are actually rarely conciously aware of our behaviors and preferences.

And about the way people talk...obviously you don't care much for the way I talk. Do you read anything into this? You've been trying to harpoon me all evening. You could be right and you could be wrong in your judgements, but I digress....

cellomould

"In other words, your God is the warden of a prison where the only prisoner is your God." Jose Saramago, The Gospel According to Jesus Christ

• gambler
    gambler

I have to agree with abbandon on this one.If it werent fot 911 bush would had NO shot at a second term because of the massive links to the enron disaster.

• Seeker
    Seeker

Bush still has no shot at reelection. Presidents who get into office the way he did have historically never been reelected. And no matter how much of an artificial high he gets in the polls with his war, it can't disguise what is happening domestically. As his father saw with Desert Storm, it isn't enough to be a war hero. Bush is a goner.

• ThiChi
    ThiChi

"" I have noticed things about Bush too that are just not right. It's all in the way he walks and talks.""

Haaahaaa ha ha haaaaaaaaaaa! Is that the best you can do? I am sure you voted for Ted Kennedy.....lol hahaaaaaaa

• larc
    larc

Cello,

Admit it you dislike Bush as well as all Replicans and business leaders. It wouldn't matter how Bush walked you would still dislike him.

Cello, I would never try to harpoon you, your ideas yes indeed. After all, you are pretty bright for a misguided person - smile.

• fodeja
    fodeja
    Now Bush is not as intelligent, but he is a Harvard MBA,

So you can get a Harvard Master of Business Administration degree even when you can't get basic "101 Economics" concepts right, such as deflation and devaluation?! Rarely is the question asked, is your graduate students learning?

Seriously, from my European perspective, it appears to me that Bush (or actually Cheney?) has managed to put together at least a half-competent cabinet, which is better than nothing. Seems to me there have been worse cabinets. However, the way he acts abroad, he's a disgrace to the American people. At the very least, he should brush up his geography knowledge and fire his dimwit speechwriter -- "either for us or against us", uh yes, thank you very much, and greetings to those "Grecians" or Greeks.

f.

• Seeker
    Seeker
    t appears to me that Bush (or actually Cheney?) has managed to put together at least a half-competent cabinet, which is better than nothing. Seems to me there have been worse cabinets.

Well, Reagan's cabinet members kept getting criminal indictments handed down, but that's par for the course in modern-day politics. Seems there were a bunch of low-lifes in Bush's cabinet and in Clinton's.

However, although Bush Jr's cabinent is most definitely competent, in this case it is worse than nothing. These guys are busy shredding the Constitution. I've yet to see a worse cabinet when it comes to respect for the country. They are taking a "Trust us, we're the government" approach, something that is most un-American.

• cellomould
    cellomould

And just so we don't forget the lessons of the past:

As Thursday's impeachment vote loomed, President Bill Clinton seemed to have only two choices:
    - Be only the second American president to be impeached
    - Or resign

However, being a creative politician, Clinton came up with a third solution: bomb a foreign country. Spending millions of dollars, and putting American lives at risk, Clinton opted to cause mass destruction and death in order to postpone a trial by the Senate.

Here at the Outrage, we thought we'd seen it all, but even we were shocked that a US President would grossly and nakedly abuse his power as Commander and Chief in order to delay impeachment.

Despite the fact that the situation in Iraq is no fundamentally different than it has been for the last 18 months, Clinton just happened to choose the night before an impeachment vote in order to decide to launch an attack. It just so happened that the White House had just figured out that Clinton was sure to lose the vote.

As Congressman Henry Hyde commented, if Nixon had launched a foreign attack while he was facing impeachment, there would have been riots in the streets. But the current American public, docile and well-fed, seems willing to tolerate even this sort of gross, and deadly, abuse of power.

Can the tactic really work? Minority Leader Richard A. Gephard says the impeachment vote should be delayed: "It shouldn't come up as long as our troops are in harm's way," he said. And, of course, Clinton can keep the troops in "harms way" as long as necessary. The action gives hostage taking a whole new meaning.

With Christmas coming and Congress anxious to return home, Clinton could really pull it off. With every day of delay, the master manipulator realizes he has a better chance of avoiding impeachment and the embarrassment of a Senate trial. And if he can delay the vote until next session in January, the balance of power may well turn in his favor.

Simply unbelievable.

Thanks for your comments everyone. Tomorrow we'll bash George Sr, and the next day, Reagan! How about that?

"In other words, your God is the warden of a prison where the only prisoner is your God." Jose Saramago, The Gospel According to Jesus Christ

• cellomould
    cellomould

<caption>: I need to go wipe my ass... how about you?

• Scorpion
    Scorpion

cellomould,

Looks like you and Cheney shop at the same mens store for suits.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit