Recent fav president poll; and who was yours?

by DanielHaase 30 Replies latest jw friends

• DanielHaase
    DanielHaase

A recent poll showed that Abraham Lincoln was America's favororite all-time president; JFK and "W" ties for 2nd and Clinton got second. Now during our dub years we didn't pay that much attention (or claimed we didn't hehe)to the history of our presidents. But I was curious as to who you guys think our best all-time president was. Even you UK folks, who do you think was our best?
    I didn't like many of them, but at the moment I'd have to say FDR..

"Brother, you better get down on your knees and pay...a thousand more fools are being born every f***ing day" -Bad Religion
  • WildHorses
    WildHorses

Harry S Truman

He was a very kind hearted man and a wonderful President.

I don't want someone in my life I can live with. I want someone in my life I can't live without.
  • Pureheart
    Pureheart

I like Bill Clinton. To me he seems like a people person.

Pureheart

• DanielHaase
    DanielHaase

Not bad Pure, Shari. Clinton wasn't too bad, he just bowed to the GOP too much...

"Brother, you better get down on your knees and pay...a thousand more fools are being born every f***ing day" -Bad Religion
  • logical
    logical

Mary Poppins

• Englishman
    Englishman

Clinton won over the Brits because he was always visiting. Then, of course, Chelsea went to Oxford, so she was OK too.

I guess we Brits love Americans that travel.

Englishman.

Truth exists;only falsehood has to be invented. -Georges Braque

• Mutz
    Mutz

Hilary Clinton....the first female President of the USA? :)

• Room 215
    Room 215

Hi Lilacs,

Great choice HST wasa straight talker, a plain talker and absolutely four-square, without an ounce of pretense, man of the highest moral principles, humble yet self-assured and of great courage.

• larc
    larc

I don't know which polls you are reading. I have read at least five polls by historians and all of them put at least 10 presidents ahead of JFK and Clinton. Some on the list are: FDR, Truman, Eisenhower, one the Adam's - I forget which one, and of course Washington.

• larc
    larc

I just found a recent poll by historians. They were asked to rate each President on 10 characterists to come up with an overall rating. Here are their results.

1. Lincoln
    2. FDR
    3. Washington
    4. Theodore Roosevelt
    5. Trueman
    6. Woodrow Wilson
    7. Thomas Jefferson
    8. JFK
    9. Eisenhower
    10. Lyndon Johnson
    11. Ronald Reagon

Bush Senior was ranked 20 and Clinton was ranked 21.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit